I'm restoring an 86 DM886, what is the best paint to use on the frame? I've had people tell me to use POR 15 and some tell me Rustoleum with hardner added?

If you decide to go the POR 15 route be sure to check out Chassis Saver as well. Similar product at about half the cost.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I have used POR 15 many times. It is a great product for stopping rust and it dries rock hard. It does fade and get a chalky finish if exposed to sunlight for a long period of time. So if looks are important, you can paint over it will any color or finish you want. 

Do wear gloves and old clothes when applying it because it will NOT come off your skin if it gets on it. And it sticks to everything in the vicinity of what you are painting. 

• Like 2

I have used chassis saver. It goes on very nice ,and looks good when its new. Its very durable and doesn't need primer. But like POR 15 ( like Willie dog just posted about ) it also goes flat and chalky.

I'm doing  the frame on a different truck this spring and will just use rustoleum . 

Keith