Hellcat powered 2017 JEEP

41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That is sort of crazy to put a 700hp engine is the family kid mobile. All wheel drive and 500hp in a Porsche Turbo 911 is a handful for just about anyone. Sort of like having a SRT SUV at 425hp and thinking it can run circles around anything on the road. It's still a mommy mobile not a sports car. Then add another couple hundred horse power.  LOL

On the other hand the Challenger can't hook the tires without the traction control on.  4 wheel drive and 700hp maybe the answer to planting the tire on the pavement and giving the kids in the back seat permanent whiplash. I like big power but not in the hands of the wife and babysitter. Besides I what my family around for a long time not rapped around a tree.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 41chevy said:

700 h.p., zero to sixty in 3.5 seconds, 3.2 children in back seat, cel phone, Kindle and hot Starbucks latte sploshing around. . . what could go wrog  wnorg  wong  happen?

What Would happen:

The biggest and last thing your 16 year old decides to get BOTH keys off the table and take it for a joy ride at full power with 3 of his buddys at 1:00am in the morning!!!  Oh..Sh%$ 

1800jeeplaw. This has the potential to be a lawyers dream come true in so many different ways.   None good.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, theakerstwo said:

Its a joke guys

No Oh No it is not a joke... It has to be true because it is on the internet thats what my kids are telling me.  They think it is awesome so does the babysitter and the soon to come lawyers... :P:blink:

Don't really see the big deal about hellcat powered Cherokee.  There are other vehicles that have been around for a long time that have way more power than a person needs i.e. Ford lightning svt, twin turboed Subaru wrx, twin turboed rx7, copo camaro, Shelby mustangs, these new diesel pickups that are used as grocery getters, corvettes, the new dodge 6.4l hemi pickups, Cadillac cars and SUVs all seem to have way more power than you need and I've seen girls drive these vehicles too and I bet if you could somehow get the stats you would find that guys are the majority of the ones crashing these high powered vehicles. Gotta show off to the girls and try to out hot rod the guys.  If we're going down this path should we start outlawing go fast goodies for cars?

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

Don't really see the big deal about hellcat powered Cherokee.  There are other vehicles that have been around for a long time that have way more power than a person needs i.e. Ford lightning svt, twin turboed Subaru wrx, twin turboed rx7, copo camaro, Shelby mustangs, these new diesel pickups that are used as grocery getters, corvettes, the new dodge 6.4l hemi pickups, Cadillac cars and SUVs all seem to have way more power than you need and I've seen girls drive these vehicles too and I bet if you could somehow get the stats you would find that guys are the majority of the ones crashing these high powered vehicles. Gotta show off to the girls and try to out hot rod the guys.  If we're going down this path should we start outlawing go fast goodies for cars?

You are missing the point somewhat, just having a little fun. 700hp in the mommy mobile is just stupid. I will be the first to say I own about half of the cars you just mentioned plus a a few with big power, twin turbo Mercedes, 1100hp 65 Cobra, 1200hp Superliner...

I even managed to get black flagged at Las Vegas Dragstriip for going to fast and bumping on mandatory parachute rule. Yes, I am one of the VERY stupid that has lived for power and speed all my life. I am  running in the No Fly Zone in a few days, 1/2 mile on a runway, Guys are begging me to take the 1000hp twin turbo Porsche. 

It is just funny that manufactures are making cars these days that can get you instantly thrown out of racing events and are perfectly legal on the street. Capable of 3X the speed limit with no prior driving experience required just a drivers license. All I am saying is that NO normal person can handle 500hp plus and not get into trouble real quick, not to mention with the kids in the back seat. One hand on the cell phone other half holding the wheel, Starbucks in the cup holder, Stereo cranked, a crying kid and a momentary lapse of reason.... 

I can only focus on driving, when behind the wheel of something with a lot of power. No stereo, no coffee, no kids, no cell phone... only driving. Yes to helmet, driving suit, 5 point harness, horse collar, gloves, cage and  window net... plus. Would anyone, including me, put a loaded gun in the hands of someone that has NO or little experience without heavy supervision? It is just a formula for disaster.

Hey, It's is all in having a little fun... but responsible fun with the proper safety and training. The manufacture are being ill responsible.

Little side note the SRT Cherokee is already 470 h.p.

• Like 1

P.T.CHESHIRE

You missed the point. You're assuming it's going to be driven by women who you are stereo typing as bad drivers when in reality men and women can and will drive that vehicle and both and dare I say more men will wreck in them. So all I'm saying is if we're going to complain about one over powered vehicle you better be fair and complain about them all.  All the distractions you brought up earlier would be every bit as dangerous in a 4 cylinder Kia. The only way a high hp vehicle would be any worse is if your instinct is to jam on the go pedal when you're caught not paying attention which is unlikely. 

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

3 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

You missed the point. You're assuming it's going to be driven by women who you are stereo typing as bad drivers when in reality men and women can and will drive that vehicle and both and dare I say more men will wreck in them. So all I'm saying is if we're going to complain about one over powered vehicle you better be fair and complain about them all.  All the distractions you brought up earlier would be every bit as dangerous in a 4 cylinder Kia. The only way a high hp vehicle would be any worse is if your instinct is to jam on the go pedal when you're caught not paying attention which is unlikely. 

No not stereo typing, If you read the situation that I described it could be anyone at the wheel, you are stereo typing thinking I am pointing at women. I think mommy mobile through a curve in it, I drive the SUV mommy mobile with the kids in it. I know I could not focus on driving with all that going on and have 700hp under my foot.

Got it, and made my point, I'm going to play with high powered stupid stuff now...  and focus on driving and having fun.... :thumb::chili:

• Like 1

On 3/10/2016 at 11:10 AM, AZB755V8 said:

You are missing the point somewhat, just having a little fun. 700hp in the mommy mobile is just stupid. I will be the first to say I own about half of the cars you just mentioned plus a a few with big power, twin turbo Mercedes, 1100hp 65 Cobra, 1200hp Superliner...

I even managed to get black flagged at Las Vegas Dragstriip for going to fast and bumping on mandatory parachute rule. Yes, I am one of the VERY stupid that has lived for power and speed all my life. I am  running in the No Fly Zone in a few days, 1/2 mile on a runway, Guys are begging me to take the 1000hp twin turbo Porsche. 

It is just funny that manufactures are making cars these days that can get you instantly thrown out of racing events and are perfectly legal on the street. Capable of 3X the speed limit with no prior driving experience required just a drivers license. All I am saying is that NO normal person can handle 500hp plus and not get into trouble real quick, not to mention with the kids in the back seat. One hand on the cell phone other half holding the wheel, Starbucks in the cup holder, Stereo cranked, a crying kid and a momentary lapse of reason.... 

I can only focus on driving, when behind the wheel of something with a lot of power. No stereo, no coffee, no kids, no cell phone... only driving. Yes to helmet, driving suit, 5 point harness, horse collar, gloves, cage and  window net... plus. Would anyone, including me, put a loaded gun in the hands of someone that has NO or little experience without heavy supervision? It is just a formula for disaster.

Hey, It's is all in having a little fun... but responsible fun with the proper safety and training. The manufacture are being ill responsible.

Kind of like Richmond Dragway, I used to take my 350 Nova and my '70 Chevelle SS there in the 70's. You could run 12.00 all day with no safety equipment at all, but if you turned an 11.99 you were done, unless you had all the safety equipment- roll cage, helmet, drive shaft loops, etc.

• Like 2

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

The Ford Focus RS, Suburu WRX, and VW Golf R can all turn 13 second quarters, yet thanks to four wheel drive and excellent electronic stability control you'd have to work at it to get into trouble with one. While blowing the doors off almost every classic supercar they get 30 MPG and carry 5 people, or fold the back seats down and load it up. I'd love a Golf R with a TDI diesel!

• Like 1

Saw a Hellcat Wrangler at the dealer in Altoona a few months ago, thought it was an aftermarket experiment. List price $149,000. Mommy would need a pretty good job to afford that, because I ain't putting out that much! My 4-cyl Wrangler plows snow just fine. In low range 150hp is plenty without tearing anything up.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Saw a Hellcat Wrangler at the dealer in Altoona a few months ago, thought it was an aftermarket experiment. List price $149,000. Mommy would need a pretty good job to afford that, because I ain't putting out that much! My 4-cyl Wrangler plows snow just fine. In low range 150hp is plenty without tearing anything up.

There's an outfit out of Bozeman that specializes in swapping late model hemis (5.7l & 6.4l) into the late model 2 and 4 door wranglers. If I remember the article correctly it was a pretty spendy engine swap. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HeavyGunner said:

There's an outfit out of Bozeman that specializes in swapping late model hemis (5.7l & 6.4l) into the late model 2 and 4 door wranglers. If I remember the article correctly it was a pretty spendy engine swap. 

I saw one in a 4 door Wrangler, it was a factory looking job, really nice and sounded great. The swap was over $20k plus the Wrangler. It was a kid's and dad paid for it.  His mommy traded it in on a 6 cylinder when she drove it once!! The guy that owns it now got a great deal and is older.

Was out at the No Fly Zone today 1/2 mile run, my best was 164.8mph. It was good enough to put a little Woop Ass on those Hellcat powered things. The car is real light on power today should have been in the 180's. Back to the shop.. Top dog was a 2015 Nissan GTR@ 202.2mph with 1500hp.

3 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

I saw one in a 4 door Wrangler, it was a factory looking job, really nice and sounded great. The swap was over $20k plus the Wrangler. It was a kid's and dad paid for it.  His mommy traded it in on a 6 cylinder when she drove it once!! The guy that owns it now got a great deal and is older.

Was out at the No Fly Zone today 1/2 mile run, my best was 164.8mph. It was good enough to put a little Woop Ass on those Hellcat powered things. The car is real light on power today should have been in the 180's. Back to the shop.. Top dog was a 2015 Nissan GTR@ 202.2mph with 1500hp.

You running at a track like the Maxton Mile? 

P.T.CHESHIRE

2 hours ago, AZB755V8 said:

Wouldn't you just love to be adopted by parents willing to drop $60k-70k on a toy for to probably just drive to the mall?  Sounds like a fun day at the track, what were you running?

1 hour ago, HeavyGunner said:

Wouldn't you just love to be adopted by parents willing to drop $60k-70k on a toy for to probably just drive to the mall?  Sounds like a fun day at the track, what were you running?

It sounds crazy but around here, Scottsdale, it is more the norm than you would think. Taking Daddy jet with half a doz. friends to Val or Tahoe for a ski trip is a way of getting rid of the teens for a weekend. Kids with BMW's, Mercedes, Hellcats a Lambo or two, it is not of this world.

I was running a 2004 Porsche 996 twin turbo on a bad, bad tune, missing about 300hp that is suppose to be there. I already emailed the shop to say WTF. 

It is sort of old school here, Phoenix, with some of the racing stuff. There is a little airport in Gila Bend, AZ that is not used much. On a few weekends a years it is rented out for doing speed runs. It is a mile runway, 1/2mile gas pedal to the floor, 1/2 mile with brake pedal to the floor, side by side. As many runs as you want all day, $200 per day fee. Only thing needed is a Cert. Helmet, I like those rules. Only problem is that you can only do a run or two and hour. Going fast is not the problem..... it is stopping, brakes get red hot after two running back to back.