Turbo leak

Idling will cause that according to my mechanic. He was apparently correct because after I ran it there was none there.

How could idling cause oil to appear in your intercooler? I'm sure your mechanic is waaaay more competent than I am. I m just trying to wrap my head around how idling would cause that.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

You should not see oil on or in the air/air cooler hoses if its a good turbo.But if its worn out and a air filter is stopper up then the turbo can suck oil out of the turbo by the seals and pass it along thru the tubes.It is not good and should be repaired.Who wants oil in the cooler.

• Like 1

glenn akers

My 2 cents would be to pull hoses off both sides & inspect; turbo seals are not like rubber crankshaft seals; if they are bad it will be fresh oil; to check is to pull exhaust pipe & intake off & shaft shouldn't have a bunch of end to end free play; shaft will have up & down cause the seals are metal rings; as long as impeller not gouging housing it's ok; That's why they recommend high idle also to keep turbo spinning faster so it seals oil; if all looks ok I'd put back together & load it & then reinspect; also if turbo bad lot of oil & should be smoking like hell blue smoke

Also fresh oil not shiny like new; oil coming from pressure side of seal; not slobbering back from intake side; like coming from guides & such

You've seen trucks where they have been idling all night or long time; then pulling out leaving after this & smoke like hell for a little while that's slobbering My opion

• Like 1