My Mack fire apparatus photo album

GA_Dave

On 8/17/2023 at 3:57 PM, GA_Dave said:

Ladder 1, Gloucester, MA (retired)

1966 Mack B-85FT/1984 Ladder Towers Inc.

0/0/106'

#1511/#8404998

L1GloucesterMA.jpg

Usually departments buy a new tractor to replace the original, worn out tractor but keep the ladder and trailer. In this case the 1966 "B" model tractor was attached to a 1937 Pirsch aerial ladder. In 1984, the old Pirsch ladder was replaced with this 106' LTI ladder. It made for an unusual looking rig, a big, new trailer and an older semi-cab tractor. Gloucester, like many old, seaside communities, has very narrow streets in a compact downtown. The ladder truck is privately owned and shows up at various truck shows.

Edited by bulldogboy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Everybody give a tip of the hat to GA_Dave's location of Jonesboro.  Site of many of the Smokey and the Bandit filming locations.

I was still in high school in NY State when that was filmed.  My current house is less than two miles from where the Bandit jumped the bridge, but you'd never find the exact spot because so much has changed. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GA_Dave said:

I was still in high school in NY State when that was filmed.  My current house is less than two miles from where the Bandit jumped the bridge, but you'd never find the exact spot because so much has changed. 

Yep.  Not much evidence left of the bridge.  And this was a few years ago.  Even less there now.

image.png.d7f698aab2351b4b8f9eff0858afcfce.png

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

This site has some of the better pictures of the then-and-now type.

https://horsepowermemories.com/2017/06/16/smokey-and-the-bandit-filming-locations-a-40-year-now-and-then-look-back/

One of the hardest spots to find for me was the pond-hopping site.  Theymoved the road!  But, it's still there if you know what to look for (see map).  This is where Bandit and Frog drove through the Chattahoochee River and Buford lost his door.  Just north of Helen, Ga.  Red line is where the road went before they straightened it.

Oh crap!  I went off-topic!  Sorry!

image.png.865cd91bcdc543d050b5fff4d21c63ca.png

• Like 2

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

• 5 months later...
On 8/31/2023 at 3:41 PM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Everybody give a tip of the hat to GA_Dave's location of Jonesboro.  Site of many of the Smokey and the Bandit filming locations.

Sorry Dave off subject again. Just saw this one last night. Does a good job finding the different places from the movie. lol    .....Hippy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...