B seats on a budget

I was looking for ideas for seats for my B67. It's a concave cab and I'm 6'2" so room is a factor. I ran across one on youtube that fit very nice, but didn't look very comfortable. Then a trip to my buddy's junkyard with a tape measure I found 1998 dodge minivan seats are a perfect fit. The van also has a flat floor so the seat bases sit right on the mack floor. post-18910-0-44141400-1449265069_thumb.jpost-18910-0-38392000-1449265193_thumb.jpost-18910-0-43562900-1449265243_thumb.jpost-18910-0-49738000-1449265291_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have 12" with the 20" original wheel. I gained almost 2" over the other seats that where in truck. My " original" seats are about 4 seats that Somebody welded together with welds that looked like lava rock. An original bench style passenger seat would have worked better for me, but I don't think it was available in the B67's. my shifters come through the middle of my floor and I don't think there would be room.

carlotpilot i will check on the seat cushions I'm not sure how soon I will see him though. He would prob just want to get rid of the whole seats, but I see what I can do. Mine had the grab handles on the backs of the seats. when I took them off they where glued & screwed and messed the vinyl up a little. What part of Virginia are you from? I have a buddy that runs to Winchester every night around midnight. I could check with him about throwing them in his trailer if it gets that far.

if your buddy has any more of those seats i`m looking for the cushion part of some . same color

Just ran into him. He said he may have some. Do you know if other years are a match too? Would it matter if they are power or not? He's not sure what kind of shape they will be in, usually stores parts inside of them. Van seats aren't a hot seller for him.

The driver seat is 1" lower and 1 3/4" back further then the seat I took out. I have no idea how that measures compared to an original seat. That one appears to be several peiced together. I could prob sit Indian style on the floor and be able to see.post-18910-0-66461000-1449370733_thumb.j

• Like 1

Just ran into him. He said he may have some. Do you know if other years are a match too? Would it matter if they are power or not? He's not sure what kind of shape they will be in, usually stores parts inside of them. Van seats aren't a hot seller for him.

96-7-9 would probably work what i need is driver seat cushion for a 97 dakota pu bucket type. no one makes the formed cushion part any more so i`m told by chrysler. my seat frame is ok i`m about 70 mls south of winchester of i81. if cushions are in good shape i`m not opposed to taking the whole seat power or not does`nt matter

96-7-9 would probably work what i need is driver seat cushion for a 97 dakota pu bucket type. no one makes the formed cushion part any more so i`m told by chrysler. my seat frame is ok

I think I saw some Dakota's one of the times I was there. Dodge did use same parts on the vans. My wife's '04 Durango had the same taillights as the vans. He only wanted $20 for the pair of seats I got, but we do some wheeling and dealing sometimes. You don't need this right away do you? A Durango seat would work too? A few years back we had a depot for the little bread route trucks in Woodstock I use to go to.

I think I saw some Dakota's one of the times I was there. Dodge did use same parts on the vans. My wife's '04 Durango had the same taillights as the vans. He only wanted $20 for the pair of seats I got, but we do some wheeling and dealing sometimes. You don't need this right away do you? A Durango seat would work too? A few years back we had a depot for the little bread route trucks in Woodstock I use to go to.

no not really pressed for them right now but know that i will have to have somthing before long. my ole truck is getting close to 300gs on it and the driver seat has given up to the point i can tell if the rail under there is round or flat :(