Superliner Hood Pins

Go to solution Solved by thomastractorsvc,

Anyone have success with these hood pins?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281125005511?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-or-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252101674828?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They're half the money Mack wants, just wondering if you get what you pay for....

Ron

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

I got a set from Ebay. Mind you that I like Mack parts but thats what I am replacing torn Mack pins.

The quality is good they have a bluish color. They do work and hold the hood, what else are they suppose to do?

The only thing is do not tighten them down to much as the pin starts to widen and will not locate the let the hood fall into place. Normal tightening is the key. I'll get them again if needed.

I got a set from Ebay. Mind you that I like Mack parts but thats what I am replacing torn Mack pins.

The quality is good they have a bluish color. They do work and hold the hood, what else are they suppose to do?

The only thing is do not tighten them down to much as the pin starts to widen and will not locate the let the hood fall into place. Normal tightening is the key. I'll get them again if needed.

I was more concerned with fit/sizing, and maybe to a lesser degree durability. Mine are so wiped out I didn't know what they 'should' have looked like or the dimensions. Its good to know they're the right thing.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.