might be buying a pete with a 215 wheelbase. need advice

That is a clean Pete. Seen it around for years. I wouldn't be afraid to buy that truck. You won't find another as clean as that one

in northern IL for sale. My Pete has a 240 inch wheelbase and I do the same thing you do. I wouldn't worry about the WB too much,

as long as your paying attention you'll be fine.

• Like 1

My RS700 has 3 leaf under it and it rides very well with our trail king air ride lowboy. However our RDs both ride good with camelback and air ride trailer. The trailer surely seems to make a difference. Depending on how much off road work you do I think you will miss camelback. Then again this is a Mack forum and my handle is bulldogbred so I'm slightly biased. If you buy the Pete and decide to liquidate the RD let me know!

Off topic, still kicking myself for it tho but there was an rd that was owned by a quarry that had aluminum rims 417 gearing for 16k earlier this year that I wanted to buy for a spare that had 3 leaf but I was talked out of it because. 3 leaf is expensive to rebush. Isn't three leaf the best ride quality and the lightest tho? Still kinda ticked about it.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I called the guy back and told him I'm going a different direction and that I'm not interested in the truck he was happy that I let him know right away I think this winter I'm going to be looking for a brand new 24 foot aluminum trailer and my money will be best spent looking for a used Mack r model or CH and use my current trailer that I'm pulling now so I can have two trucks put to work

• Like 1

Here I am again! can't stop thinking about the pete. Told the guy I want to go to work with him Saturday to see what I think lol. My new thoughts are to get a used air ride trailer that a buddy Will be selling and hook it up to the mack and use the fruehauf for the pete.

I think it might be a good idea. That pete seems too nice to pass up.

Petermack you said you have a 240 wb? Do you only haul material to plants? Or do you go everywhere? New hone construction? Backing up to foundations etc?

Petermack you said you have a 240 wb? Do you only haul material to plants? Or do you go everywhere? New hone construction? Backing up to foundations etc?

I have to do it all. I'm off road all to time. Big jobsites, yard hauls, and new house B.S. One thing I like about my truck

is that I have 24.5's and the narrow diameter fuel tanks. Gives me a lot of ground clearance. I will admit there has been a

couple times I wished the truck was about a foot shorter, but I just have to do one more pull up and be careful. I don't

see any battle scars on your RD, so I'm sure your pretty diligent about watching for hazards. You'll be fine.

post-13943-0-29970000-1444964413_thumb.j

post-13943-0-69156800-1444964421_thumb.j

post-13943-0-00987100-1444964448_thumb.j

• Like 1

http://m.truckpaper.com/ListingDetail/Index?industryName=truck&listingId=5623987&categoryId=211Wowyour setup Looks awesome. What is your empty weight? 27500?

So you have seen the Underhill black pete a lot and think it would be a good choice? He wants 40k. I think it's worth it because they are getting rare and finding one that well kept is tough.

I also found this gem and wondering if taking a trip out to cali would be my best bet. What you think?

Buy this Mack on air https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5263993983.html

This trailer http://www.ebay.com/itm/1993-Tibrook-39-Frameless-Aluminum-Dump-Trailer-with-air-ride-suspension-chute-/191714461270

and all for less than 20K hire the new driver and save for the next truck and trailer

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I just have to ask this. Why ??? Everyone I know around here that has Petes and do pretty much the same thing I do with my old Macks spend 8 to 10 times more in a years time in maintenance and repairs. One guy I know that hauls hogs with us has 4 Macks,but just bought a Pete to make his driver happy,myself I would have canned the driver for wanting one,but he spent way too much on it and then has spent better than half what he gave for it to keep it on the road. I just don't see it,I've driven a few and was not in the least bit impressed. That's my opinion.

"Class Pays" Superdog!!! lol

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.