New guy from Florida

Super Duty John

Hi, new to the forum and just bought a new (to me) 2004 cv713 single axle old PA Turnpike plow truck/salter, that never spread salt thank God! The truck is in great condition with very little surface rust and few minor issues that I'm fixing now. I love the look of a Granite almost as much as an old DM or U model :twothumbsup::SMOKIE-LFT:

I've driven most model construction type Mack's like B's, U's, DM's, RL's and R's.

Welcome to BMT. How did a PA truck get to FLA? BTW, we like pics.

I found it on line and flew up to Port Jervis, NY to buy it and then drove it home. Here it is on the truck dealers you tube and I'll have more in a few days. I took all the snow plow and salter stuff off and it now has perfect rims and tires. It's going in for a clutch, rear brakes and a new windshield on Thursday. I'll use it to haul our small excavation equipment and 5-8 yard loads of what ever we need delivered to small jobs. It already made 10 loads last week.

You Tube:

• Like 2

Welcome to the board.. Is it still a plow truck??? Several of us on here are into them.. PICTURES!!! :WELCOME::worthlesswithoutpics[1]:

No plow came with it but it was a PA Turnpike Authority truck, the truck dealer had about 6 of them and this one had the least rust, almost none except for normal Northeast salt rust pattern. The others were covered with rust and some were 2005's. Mine appeared to not have plowed much and hauled asphalt in the summer and it's still stuck in the aluminum body, the badly rusted ones had spotless dump bodies and did tons of plowing. One of the great things it came with is a central lubrication (Vogel) pump and everything that has a grease fitting is greased for the entire life. I did keep the spreader box and it had stone chips and I suspect the used the truck for oiling and chipping too. It also had a Calcium tank with a hydraulic pump.