Is there a B 85 ?

Probably not going to happen but it would be fun to have a 413 Max Wedge with cross ram induction to play with on the 1/4 mile.

Come to Va. There are 3 you can play with. A 1962 413 Stage II, a 1964 426 c.i. Stage III and Cotton Owens 1964 NASCAR drag race engine 13.5 to 1 compression twin Holley three barrels and power band from 3700 rpm up. These were the ones that were stolen from me and recovered a few years ago. Certified Max Wedges by Greg Lane.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

In 1961 I was the store driver for Alberta Mack (now Western Mack) in Calgary we had a large S/A tow truck I "think" it was originally a B 85 with a gas engine. There were a few Mack gas engines around Alberta at the time, if one was needed the shop whipped it out and replaced it with whatever engine was available including a Thermodyne. Not 205 because that was turbo'd so it must have been 185. Dead slow of course because the gas engine ran good in the 3,000 RPM range and ENDT's ran 1800-2100. I was very relieved when the rebuild shop switched a gas engine back in.

That would be fun to turn gallons of hydrocarbons into sound and fury! Might have to swing by in conjunction with a visit to Keystone Tractor.

Let me know is advance. I need to get the D-100 out of it's container.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 10 months later...