Another Breakdown

other dog

Just sittin' at home, looking at the interweb...I left Concord yesterday morning about 10:30 going to Fairview, Pa. with a load of lumber. A couple of miles from Iron Gate on rt. 220 my red engine light came on and it started pinging. I pulled over and the orange engine light with the little wrench in it came on too. I spun the wheel to see the faults and it said turbo actuator,delta pressure, Bus2,CAN,..that's all I remember. I tried to google CAN and Bus2 but I couldn't find any info, so I have no idea what they mean.

I called Jeff yesterday because Dilley had told me when the red light comes on and it starts pinging you'd better be looking for somewhere to pull over, because it's going to shut down. Jeff said it would let you drive 30 miles, so I don't know. He told me to try to get it back to Roanoke. Redneck was with me and he said he would keep on to I-64 and run that back over to 81 and down to Roanoke so I could at least get on the shoulder if it conked out, because if I turned around and went back down 220, which was much shorter, it would quit on the 2 lane part for sure.

The light went off when I was pulling North Mountain and stayed off until I got all the way to 581, but it was surging and would quit pulling periodically all the way down 81 and the turbo boost would drop. I parked it outside the gate at Truck Enterprises and Tom who works in the shop bob tailed up there in the new white T800 to pick me up. That was the only truck sitting there with fuel in it he said. He brought a truck in case I didn't make it to Roanoke he could at least bring the trailer in.

I was just about to call headquarters a few minutes ago to see if they'd heard anything when Jeff called to ask where i'd put the keys, so apparently they're just now about to pull it in the shop. I guess I should have told them the keys were in the side box under the box of triangle reflectors.

I don't know if it's a sensor issue, electrical problem, or the turbo's going bad. It's on the third turbo now, has a little over 400,000 miles on it. A new turbo's about $6,000- hope it's still under warranty.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I deleted the pictures I took the last time they put a turbo on it, but in this interweb photo it looks like it's made of silver- a little cheaper than gold.

post-1374-0-63188800-1439831977.jpg

Old turbos had 4 bolts, an oil line, and 2 pipes, while these are almost unrecognizable as a turbo because of all the lines, hoses, sensors, wires, pipes, valves, doo-dads, and thing-a-mabobs that make them so expensive.

• Like 1

I went to Roanoke to pick the truck up yesterday. The nice lady service manager showed me 3 pages of stuff that they did when I asked, very little of which made any sense to me except they updated the ECM and did a re-gen. So it was all sensor/electrical issues. I got the keys and went to hook to the trailer and saw a puddle of oil on the ground under the trailer by the left front tires. So I went back in and said "I know this is a stupid question, but could you fix a grease seal on the trailer"? She said it would probably be a few hours before they could get it in, and they probably wouldn't have the right seal because they didn't carry many trailer parts. I figured if I went to Lee-Hi it would be the same "a few hours" story and it was already about 4:30, so I went to Concord.

I started to get a bottle of hub oil and go on up the road with it, but if I went through a check and they saw it i'd have to have it fixed on the road, so I called headquarters and told them it would be sitting there this morning. So now i'm back where I was 2 days ago, about to start over again.

I went to Roanoke to pick the truck up yesterday. The nice lady service manager showed me 3 pages of stuff that they did when I asked, very little of which made any sense to me except they updated the ECM and did a re-gen. So it was all sensor/electrical issues. I got the keys and went to hook to the trailer and saw a puddle of oil on the ground under the trailer by the left front tires. So I went back in and said "I know this is a stupid question, but could you fix a grease seal on the trailer"? She said it would probably be a few hours before they could get it in, and they probably wouldn't have the right seal because they didn't carry many trailer parts. I figured if I went to Lee-Hi it would be the same "a few hours" story and it was already about 4:30, so I went to Concord.

I started to get a bottle of hub oil and go on up the road with it, but if I went through a check and they saw it i'd have to have it fixed on the road, so I called headquarters and told them it would be sitting there this morning. So now i'm back where I was 2 days ago, about to start over again.

MORE TIME FOR PICS OF THE WEEK?? YOU'LL GET THERE SOON ENOUGH BROTHER!! :SMOKIE-LFT:

If you had of told Truck Surprise to put new muffler bearings in it that would have solved everything. That do dadger that you called a turbo broke the wobblin shaft in turn that is what broke the muffler bearings.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

I deleted the pictures I took the last time they put a turbo on it, but in this interweb photo it looks like it's made of silver- a little cheaper than gold.

attachicon.gifEngine-detail-turbo-PACCAR-MX-13.jpg

Old turbos had 4 bolts, an oil line, and 2 pipes, while these are almost unrecognizable as a turbo because of all the lines, hoses, sensors, wires, pipes, valves, doo-dads, and thing-a-mabobs that make them so expensive.

if somebody brought that thing to me i`d tell them ti take it to mythbusters

brokedown myself friday morning....blewout the radiator in the big volva,,,,everything worked out... found a nice big widespot,,,beautiful morning,,,had nothing to complain about...cept 4 hrs late lol.hadda be towed in..bob