Replacing R model roof panel

Has anyone here ever replaced a roof panel on an R model? My '83 has a couple of pretty rotten spots around the drip rail. It looks like it's spot welded and caulked on. I'm just wondering how is the best way to go about replacing it? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Jake

KEG1 did the rear cab panel, roof panel, drip rails and side cowl panels on his RW The thread starts with the rear panel and page 2 starts the roof panel.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/29782-replacing-rear-cab-panel-on-superliner/page-1?hl=roof%20panel

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

glued roof hey I have never heard of this before I guess the glue is only as good as the paint

I suppose you wont get rust in the seems if it is full of glue and all the paint is unbroken I seem to recall seeing some were thats how a lot of panels are help together now

I will be keen to learn all about this

Paul

• Like 1