Anyone near Norway Oregon?

41chevy

A very good friend and fellow Vietnam Vet from the same unit as me died in a fire with his wife. I would like to get some info on . Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

So sorry to hear that. Very sad.

Yes it is very upsetting to me.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks I'll get some contacts from the web tomorrow! I must say I never thought of using google maps! Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Became friends in basic and were in the 25th Airborne together, made it through Operation Fishhook. Got discharged a week apart. Managed to stay in touch all these years. Met at least every 3 or 4 years, talked on the phone and the computer a lot. He was a Cat skinner and I contacted Schaffer Logging across from his house where he worked most his life. I got lot of answers and apparently they both died in their sleep from smoke inhalation. I guess smoke inhalation is better than being burned alive.to be blunt. THanks all for the support it means much. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

Thanks for the link. The Trailer was a triple wide unit according to Schaffer logging.

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yes. Smoke inhalation in your sleep is the merciful way to go. Doesn't take away from the pain of losing your friend though.

A bit more to the story, I'll have to PM you Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE