Tim Maikshilo isn’t fooling me - It's the Vegemite

kscarbel2

Well you've all let the cat out of the bag now I cant tell you what we call Vegemite in Australia or Peanut Butter the sensors would chuck me off the forum

But needless to say Vegemite is good if your crook tea spoon in cup hot water Vegemite soup

get a mouth ulcers put some on the ulcer problem solved

put enough on your toast first thing in the morning it will warm from the inside out

I could go on all night but we will have shortage of Vegemite as the Yanks get onto the next new health kick

Paul

• Like 2

I never heard of it at all!!....sheltered life I guess.....think if I saw a product on the shelf that said "Sanitarium" on the label, I would pass......not that there anything wrong with that....

I was curious myself so here’s the background on the Sanitarium brand.

The “Sanitarium” name for New Zealand’s Marmite comes from America, from John Harvey Kellogg (Kellogg's cereal) who invented corn flakes.

Kellogg founded the Battle Creek Sanitarium in Michigan, a health resort based on the health principles advocated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Supposedly, the Battle Creek Sanitarium became world renowned, and became the in place for the rich and famous to seek their lost health, to listen to health lectures and to learn and practice the principles of a healthy lifestyle.

Kellogg explored various treatments for his patients, including diet reform. He encouraged a low-fat, low-protein diet with an emphasis on whole grains, fiber-rich foods, and most importantly, nuts. Kellogg also recommended a daily intake of fresh air, exercise, and the importance of hygiene. Many of the theories of John Harvey Kellogg were later published in his book The Road to Wellness.

Charles W. Post (Post cereal) worked with Kellogg.

Founded in Melbourne in 1898, The Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company is the trading name of two sister food companies - Australian Health and Nutrition Association Ltd and New Zealand Health Association Ltd which are wholly owned by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.

In December 1900, Edward Halsey, a Seventh-day Adventist and baker trained at the Battle Creek Sanitarium, came to New Zealand to prepare healthy food for a small health home. He began making batches of Granola, New Zealand's first breakfast cereal, Caramel Cereals (a coffee substitute) and wholemeal bread in Christchurch. These products became known as Sanitarium Health Foods.

Today, Sanitarium New Zealand is owned and operated by New Zealanders while Sanitarium Australia is owned and operated by Australians. They do work together; producing over 150 products and employing 1500 people throughout New Zealand and Australia.

http://www.sanitarium.com.au/products/spreads/marmite

• Like 2

So Tim do you have weetbix in NZ ?

Weetbix is the go out here does the rest of the world have them ?

4 weetbix in a bowl chuck in some milk a tea spoon of sugar Bob's your uncle followed up by Vegemite on toast enough to keep you going till lunch

Paul

• Like 1

When I was a kid in primary school one of my good mates was a diabetic and he always ate Vegemite and Salada biscuits anyway for his birthday he got a 4 liter / 1 gallon tin of Vegemite

When we had smoko at school him and I would swap smoko so he got home made biscuits or fruit cake and I got Vegemite and Salada's he never had any problem and we did this for at least five years until the fun police school teacher busted us notes home to our parents the end of a good thing lol

Paul

• Like 1

HAHA pop tarts thats what they called the Spice Girls out here do they still make pop tarts ????I havent heard them advertised for years

I just asked the Princess she does all the shopping here and she hasnt seen them for years either

• Like 1

The world will always have a supply of pop tarts and Pop Tarts.

But no dried salt cod flakes!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

So Tim do you have weetbix in NZ ?

Weetbix is the go out here does the rest of the world have them ?

4 weetbix in a bowl chuck in some milk a tea spoon of sugar Bob's your uncle followed up by Vegemite on toast enough to keep you going till lunch

Paul

Paul, weetbix are big here in NZ and they have multiple flavors too. People here put yogurt on their weetbix and dried fruit too!

Paul, weetbix are big here in NZ and they have multiple flavors too. People here put yogurt on their weetbix and dried fruit too!

That's what I enjoy about breakfast in Europe, they have jugs of the liquid yogurt you can pour on your cereal (eg. muesli) like milk. I've never seen it in the states.

• 2 weeks later...