Our new Rescue/Pumper under construction

1958 F.W.D.

I got a question...lemme..lemme...lemme axe you kestion

I noticed that the rear will have that red/yellow diagonal paint scheme/

seen a lot of local trucks that way. is that another of the NFPA "recommendations"?

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I got a question...lemme..lemme...lemme axe you kestion

I noticed that the rear will have that red/yellow diagonal paint scheme/

seen a lot of local trucks that way. is that another of the NFPA "recommendations"?

Correct. The NFPA recommends (like the Mafia....) that all apparatus have a minimum of "X" amount of the two-tone diagonal, reflective striping.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Nice-just out of curiosity, what is premium pricing for color "red" on a unit that size vs, "white"-which I assume is cheapest.

I'm not sure, however I believe as long as you use a one-color scheme (versus white over red or black over red) that one color is the same price as another.

This replacing a piece or just an addition?

We are replacing a 1989 Duplex (Vanguard cab/chassis) with a body by Quality Mfg (Talladega Al.) I call it the Non-Quality. It's a real shitbox. This is the one getting replaced. And thank CHRIST we went back to red.

post-1729-0-36001800-1431262720_thumb.jp

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Does it get a Roto-Ray? They are hand built by a friend and fellow fire truck collector here in VA. Quite a story about how he acquired the company.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Unfortunately yes it is getting one of those godforsaken pieces of shit.

Stop trying to follow the lights and it won't make you as dizzy.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Mars lights much better. Had three of em on our 78 Hahn

I will admit the old Hahns with the three Mars 888's across the front were bitchin. Is Mars still around?