Northeast Snow

fifth wheel

Working a strip mine in the winter (when I was a pup)...I remember my dad putting oil soaked rags all around the tracks of our D8 (pony motor start, the coolest thing ever!) and burning them to get the frozen mud softened up to shovel the tracks out...had a long narrow shovel, my dad called it a "sharpshooter"! I have seen that D8 "frozen" to the ground!

This is the city of Worcester Massachusetts former snow blower, I saw it only once working many years ago, and have a newspaper clip of it loading a DC Autocar dump.

I believe it is a SnoGo 1941-46 Ford with Marmon Herrington 4x4 the deck engine is Buda. No blower attachment , unit has approx. 900 miles on it. I have this one as well.

FW

post-146-0-03479900-1425040066_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

This is the city of Worcester Massachusetts former snow blower, I saw it only once working many years ago, and have a newspaper clip of it loading a DC Autocar dump.

I believe it is a SnoGo 1941-46 Ford with Marmon Herrington 4x4 the deck engine is Buda. No blower attachment , unit has approx. 900 miles on it. I have this one as well.

FW

Town of Greenwich had some of those years ago from what i was told