I found a 12 speed for sale on gumtree. In one of the pics I can see "284KB" on the side.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

My 84 model has the Trdl-1070 in it so I think you might be in luck with that one.

Thanks mate, seems there is hope that it is not a T2000 series. Not to say there is anything wrong with them - I have spoken to many people that really like them. It's just that my T2090 has given me grief so I have been put off by it and want to try another Maxitorque before giving up and going back to Eatons. Cheers

I agree, it is a sad trend. Most truck fleets here are slowly being taken over by automatic and synchro vehicles. I am of the firm belief that you shouldn't drive a heavy vehicle unless you can drive a traditional transmission but that is quickly becoming a minority held view.

The truck that I am thinking about the 12 speed for is more of a project truck, but it will also be a back up (at least for a while). I might give the 12 speed a try and hope for the best. Hardly have to change gear in this old R Model anyway so maybe that will save it!!

I've always felt that a new driver that could drive a synchro'd stick was at a disadvantage when learning to drive a non-synchro because they would have to make the transition between "single" and double-clutching depending on which vehicle they were driving. An "automatic" driver would be starting from scratch.

Either way, manuals are still quite common in new heavy trucks and anyone who is not capable of learning to drive one (physical disabilities excluded, of course) should not be able to obtain a cdl. There are certainly more difficult situations a driver can find themselves in beyond upshifting and downshifting.

Jim

Go with the 12 spd, awesome transmission its got nearly perfect gearing for anything you can find. The one stick or trtxl 1070B is just an air shift deep reduction where the two stick trtxl 1070 has a shifter for deep reduction which will only shift with the main stick in low so its easy to drive. The trtxl 107 is the direct top gear version and Mike is right the 1070's are .78 OD, the air shifter on the main stick has reverse/neutral/low and high use low then split to high in each gear like an Eaton super ten. The big bonus is being able to shift thru all 5 gears in reverse, when you have a long way to go like on paving jobs you can clip along at 20mph and 1400rpm in reverse.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"