hauled a load of lumber today that became part of my trailer

Ezrider

my deck on my little car trailer was about completely rotted out. had plywood patches over broken boards, and it was getting bad enough i was afraid to load anything heavy on the trailer for fear it would fall threw.

it went pretty quick the old deck just about fell out of the trailer when i started pulling it out. start to Finnish including the trip to the lumber yard was about 6hrs

post-19171-0-42865000-1421966460_thumb.j

post-19171-0-18830300-1421966472_thumb.j

post-19171-0-28665600-1421966487_thumb.j

post-19171-0-59240300-1421966499_thumb.j

• Like 2

yeah i will seal it when im done, my plan was to just spray it down with used motoroil after replaced the tail lights and ran all new wiring. but i decided that the new deck looked too good and i needed to spiff up the rest of the trailer, so i cleaned it all up with some flap wheels and knotted wire wheels on the angle grinder and painted the rest of the trailer with that spray can truck bed liner. threw some dot tape on it and new led lights now i think the rest of the trailer looks too good to motor oil the deck. maybe i will do linseed oil or deck sealer instead.

post-19171-0-18063000-1422053535_thumb.j

post-19171-0-05144700-1422053546_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looks good . I Never refloored a carhauler BUT Have refloored the Neighbors Lowboy trailer we had .

It paid off As we were always Clearing land & my family always hauling logs into the sawmill as pop usually had them cut The lumber for lowboy trailer .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

i have been renting car trailer a few times a year when i needed to move things that i didn't want to use this one for and only using this one for small stuff and dump runs and things like that because this trailer was in poor shape. lights didn't work deck was rotten trailer breaks not working ect. i finally decided it was time to go ahead and fix up my old trailer. only have about $250 into it so far. only thing left to figure out is why the trailer breaks are not working even after running new wires to them. going to pull the wheels off soon and check them out but worst case whole new break assembly's are not that much.

got the breaks fixed

i learned about replacing whole backing plate and everything several years ago i tryed to get just shoes for a trailer and they said they would have to special order then and then told me that they had the whole assembly on hand for a cheaper price.

i am not a fan of surge brakes although both have there drawbacks and i much prefer air breaks but for something that gets pulled with a pickup i like electrics best.

i found that they were actually working after replacing the wiring but they were way out of adjustment and the adjusters were stuck. so it was a free fix