Golf Cart Insurance

farmer52

Both ATCA and ATHS are requiring exhibitors to register golf carts (no ATVs). I think this is a good idea. I attended too many shows that were overrun with not only golf carts but also ATVs. Requiring registration may limit the number of carts on the grounds. I also noticed that the owners must show proof of insurance. I never heard of "golf cart" insurance. Can anybody please fill me in?

Are UTVs allowed? To me an UTV is a golf cart on steroids.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Ken

What is an UTV???

As far as the insurance, You must have some kind of liability coverage, in case you run over somebody or into somebodies truck, Never have done it my self but would think it would be a rider on either your home owners or an all vehicle fleet policy. I have the same agent for both(State Farm) so I would check with her.

I know Daryl Gushee, (on JOT and ATHS forums) was having trouble getting liability on his unlicensed vehicles before 2012 Springfield Mass and ended up with something thru the Northeast Rockbusters chapter of HCEA

Brocky

UTV - utility vehicle (i.e. John Deere Gator, Kaw Mule, Polaris Ranger, Club Car Carryall/XRT, or similar side by side vehicle with a bed).

BTW, I also have State Farm insurance and carry a liability "umbrella" policy. Does that count?

P.S. I hope ATCA and ATHS will allow a two wheeler (bicycle). Or will it be illegal to "peddle ass" at the show? :banana:

post-3289-0-85162500-1420934925_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-36013200-1420934945_thumb.jp

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

I got license and coverage for my atv at Auburn show and NO one asked for it at the gate. Pissed me off actually after I spent the money to be all legal like. My state farm agency wrote a policy for it.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Dan, yes State farm and historical. Can't recall right now but it is cheap. It is monthly along with my daily driver. $20? Don't recall value? Likely much less then your truck.

As for cart traffic. I agree it is getting out of hand. Even at race tracks! Anywhere you have to watch for the kids "playing" without adult supervision.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"