Pictures and a question

Don't know if it is the best way.

Lube the hub splines with PB Blaster for several days. Sit in the truck and lift up using your legs to put pressure on the bottom of the wheel at the rim. With a small block of wood and hammer, knock the steering shaft down. Unscrew the shaft nut so it is flush with the shaft so the threads don't get messed up when using the hammer and wood.

Hopefully, it will pop. If it doesn't, lube it up again and let it sit for a couple more days and then repeat..

Problems removing B model steering wheels is one of the reason there are so few good B wheels around. Use a little Never Seize when putting a wheel back on the shaft.

Good Luck and nice looking shop!

• Like 2

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Just had to remove mine this past summer. I loosed the nut just enough, then using my air hammer with small round headed chisel I whacked on the shaft while lifting the wheel slightly with my legs. Popped right up. Leaving the nut on allows you to make sure the threads don't get messed up. No lube needed, but some PB shot down on the splines under the nut CAN'T hurt.

It really went easier then I though it would.

Ditto on the shop. Nice, and you don't have to go outside to change your mind like my garage LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Don't know if it is the best way.

Lube the hub splines with PB Blaster for several days. Sit in the truck and lift up using your legs to put pressure on the bottom of the wheel at the rim. With a small block of wood and hammer, knock the steering shaft down. Unscrew the shaft nut so it is flush with the shaft so the threads don't get messed up when using the hammer and wood.

Hopefully, it will pop. If it doesn't, lube it up again and let it sit for a couple more days and then repeat..

Problems removing B model steering wheels is one of the reason there are so few good B wheels around. Use a little Never Seize when putting a wheel back on the shaft.

Good Luck and nice looking shop!

Old school! :D

• Like 1

:mack1: