EA7 470 split second engine cut out

Woz

Anyone have any idea why my e7 470 Fleet liner starts having split second engine stop and then start again, this can happen every second or up to 10 seconds but mostly happen every 3 to 4 seconds. It's like a cough. Only seems to happen after using the engine brake, even thats variable, after using engine brake it can start playing up straight away or some times up to 15 minutes after. It will keep doing it for over half an hour, I think sometimes when you hit a decent bump it will cure itself. Or it won't fix itself until its been turned off and the next day it will be allright. If you don't use the engine break it dosen't seem to happen.

Edited by Woz

• 2 weeks later...

I know NOTHING about the electronic engines but when you mention a bump seems to cure the problem sort of sounds like there might be a loose or bad ground in the system or a chafed wire.

Electronics need good grounds and NO corrosion on any of the plugs/connections. They may call them "weather-tight" but they aren't always.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, I have pulled the relays that are on the firewall and cleaned the connections, wasn't sure if they had anything to do with the engine brake, but the problem seems to have gone away.