Help Buy 2007 CH-613 E-7 427

Brockwell

I'm looking at buying a 2007 Ch-613 E-7 427 that has 312,000 miles. It had its frame stretched/doubled to haul a 5000 gallon water tank and I am seeing mixed reviews on the 427. I have a 96 RD-688SX that's been a workhorse and like to know if the 07 can be as dependable. Can anyone offer their thoughts? Thanks

If the engine is an ASET AC as it should be for that year they are alright but not as good an an E7 or a E7 E tech. The ASET AC engines have turbo and egr cooler issues and cam issues that are caused from lack of valve adjustments. This is what I have seen with these engines.

I've been running a 2005 CHN613 with an E7 ASET 427 got it at 666,725 for a couple of months now and the truck has been an absolute workhorse for me only one issue so far and it wasn't with the engine, I was sold a Meritor Wabco air dryer that was plugged up ...yup completely plugged up no air going in or coming out ...great job on quality control Meritor ...but otherwise the truck has been a beast.