2001 E7 427 power upgrades?

Any one have experience upping horsepower on these engines. Replaced my N14 525 Pete with first Mack. Like the truck but not the power. Needing more grunt. Have looked at Rochester Fuel injectors and turbo and Illinois Dyno ecm reflash. Not sure which will give me the most bang for my buck. Or any better options will be appreciated.

No heat issues but u gotta realize you may have 13 years of dead bugs and road debris in your radiator. My exhaust temp in the 460 with the stage 2 injectors will almost touch 1100 on a long hard pull at 80,000. I have digital temp gauge and water will hit 193 on a hot day pulling hard. But I have the biggest turbo I can get on the 460 without having to change the factory plumbing. It will push 47 pounds of boost. I always wanted to put the same turbo on the 427. A engineer from Mack once told me if you have a 460 to download the 427 fuel program into it. He said it'll make huge power but will smoke when you put your foot into it.

Sounds interesting. My rad only has about 30000 since new. But this is a vision so my grille opening is probably smaller than a CH. Just trying to think of all angles before I take the leap. I guess I will just try it and find out. Thanks Dirty Milkman for your 2 cents.

You don't get more horses without feeding them. Yes the injection timing and metering are different between those HP ratings. Depending on the year of the E-Tech it will have a different turbo. 1 of our 460's smokes like an SOB but pulls good. Nothing wrong with it. Just smokes a bit.

On a 1998/99 to 2001 ETECH, there is no difference between a 427 and a 460 except for the download. Jumping from 300/350/400 up to the 427/460 levels does require off set cam gear key way, turbo and injectors and download. On a 2002 and up CCRS ETECH engine the difference between the 427 and 460 engines is turbo and injectors and download. All CCRS, ASET AI/AC engines use a straight cam gear keyway.