Tires

aspeltz

My 1951 85LS currently has 900-20 tires installed which I believe are original. The fire department I work for is restoring their 1925 Ahrens-Fox engine and ironically has the same size tires as my Mack. These tires are seriously dry rotted and in need of replacement. Does anyone know of a supplier for this 900-20 size that is not a military tire or made in China? Already tried Coker and a few others.

Miller Tire Company has 9.00x20 Highway thread. Don't know country of origin though

http://www.millertire.com/

1800 621 1955 est

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I thought the were Asian but was unsure.

Here's Lucas Tires. Call them and ask where they are made. The Milestar brand tires supposed to be made by Tireco in California.

http://www.lucasclassictires.com/20-1000-x20-Milestar-M12-Highway-10PR-629p.htm?categoryId=-1

http://www.milestartire.com/about

Maybe a vender at Macungie? Good Luck.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Check out Specialty Tires of America.

They list 9.00x20 Super Transport's for special order, made in America.

Ron

MA1C4-ST_0213-L-400x400.jpg
MA1C4-ST_0212-C-65x65.jpgMA1C4-ST_0213-L1-65x65.jpgMA1C4-ST_0213-R-65x65.jpgMA2A2-ST_0201-C-65x65.jpgMA2A2-ST_0203-L-1-65x65.jpgMA2A2-ST_0203-R-65x65.jpg
STA Super Transport

Special Order – Call for Details

• Designed for truck and trailer use for both on and off road applications
  • Fully siped to reduce heat buildup and lessen road noise
  • Rugged construction for long service life

I looked for 9.00-20 tires for my truck for quite awhile. Really wanted some made in the USA. Wasted plenty of time looking at used sets with no luck. I found a list on this site of off brand tires with their parent companies listed. With all the comments on here and in talking with local tire shops I narrowed it down to Power king or Akuret both made overseas. I think one was Kelly Springfield and the other Hankook. I went with the power kings as they looked more like the original tires on my truck. So far they seem fine.post-12279-0-55655500-1401421026_thumb.j

I have found Samson, Power King, and Milestar. All made in China. The ones from Specialty Tires of America look like the real deal, but their website says they are only available for export or to the US military.

I have a number of used 9:00 x 20 tires I removed from some of our delivery trucks. They all have good tread, and are not bad to look at. We are located in Virginia if you would be interested. I am going to Macungie Thursday nite thru Sat. night. Carey Leitch

My 52 has Power Kings on it and they have been fine. There is a big difference between a show truck and one used to make a living. I am perfectly comfortable with the Power Kings for the few miles I put on the truck; besides you have 63 year old tires on it now, what's worse?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!