12spd maxitorque

im looking for some information I have a 12spd maxitorque and in the selector switch on the shifter knob it keeps blowing the top o-ring out. Any ideas what would cause this problem? I already replaced the o-rings. Thanks

I just replaced the o-rings mack said that they just sell the whole selector switch. When it spits it out in 5 min I can put it back in and run awhile then it will do it again at some point just an intermitent problem. Wheres the pressure regulator your talking about? thanks

The reg. is usually located on the trans.

I believe the shifter knob gets full air but the air pres. is reduced between the knob and before going into the shifter housing on the top of the trans.

Sounds like your knob is worn out if the o rings or going in and out that easily.

post-7036-0-18743700-1399156359_thumb.jp

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Gudday all the pressure regulator Im talking about is on the top of the box some 12 speeds have 1 regulator some have 2 depends on I dont know someone much smarter than me can proberly tell you this one is set at 65 psi and the regulator is before the gear stick selector if it is set to high you will hear air leaking out all the time even with good seals good luck and keep us informed seeya :)

Paul

post-17290-0-95425500-1399188922_thumb.j

When I was having problems with my 12 speed, an old time mechanic told me to bypass the regulator and the trans will shift like a new one and he was right. It's bin disconnected for two years now with no problems. I think the problem is in the shifter handle. Did you get the O-rings from Mack? Not sure if they're a special size.

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I think you are getting a Volvo parts man, there is a minor kit- o rings, poppet, detents, grease. then a major kit that has the drum w/lever. I haven't got the major in a while but I just got the minor 8 mos. ago

I put the minor kit in mine last year so I know they sell it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...