Saturn- the car, not the Planet

other dog

Anybody know anything about them? I don't know a thing, but I purchased a 2001 Saturn yesterday because Jo needed a car. I don't even know the model, but it looks like this-

It doesn't really have crash bandicoot over the door, I added that- but it was NoClueJoe's idea. Anyway, it has 107,000 miles on it...it's white, automatic, 4 doors,..white,...that's about all I know. Rode and drove good though.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Never had one. A friend's wife had one and she put a ton of miles on it in Boston and she sold it to another friend that put a ton of miles on it.

I think they had to throw a fuel pump into the tank once.

• Like 1

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

I had a 1996 SL-1 (4-door) 4cyl/automagic. First wife and I bought it used. I can't remember how many miles were on it, but we got it from the Saturn dealer that sold it new, and they had all the maintenance records. Aside from the typical new-car bugs that needed to be worked out, the only issue was some kind of valve in the tranny that it needs to go into reverse. The previous owner had to have it replaced once (warranty) and I had to have it done once- at about 475 miles over warranty. I asked them about taking care of it figuring I would get told to go pound sand but was delighted when they didn't even argue. Even gave the wife one of the loaners for the day. No other major issues that I can think of other than the road noise was a little loud inside. I remeber it to be a very good car and it got decent mileage. I had to sell it though when I fired the first wife. It was titled to me and my father- when she left, she took the car but of course not the payment book. She returned it in short order when I sent her the payment book in the mail. So I had to sell it.

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

The first wife, or the Saturn?..What'd you get for her?

I tried to sell her, no one wanted her. So I had to pay a divorce attorney, some credit card companies and other various collection-type agencies a little under $20,000 to get rid of her.

The car I seem to remember getting $2500 for. It was in very good condition, with a little over 80K on the clock when I sold it.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I tried to sell her, no one wanted her. So I had to pay a divorce attorney, some credit card companies and other various collection-type agencies a little under $20,000 to get rid of her.

The car I seem to remember getting $2500 for. It was in very good condition, with a little over 80K on the clock when I sold it.

SOUNDS LIKE THE $20,000 WAS STILL THE BEST DEAL! :whistling:

:mack1:

No rust....theyre mostly plastic. A buddy of mine had a late 90's 4 door 4 banger sedan with a 5 speed, had it for years and didn't really give trouble...

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

A friend of mine who lives in NJ used to drive them.

If I remember correctly the first reason was the car had 3 doors (not 4), the second - it had a stick.

Probably there's also the reason it was mostly plastic so no ways to scrap it.

At least his wife was kidding alot about.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012