What should I pay for this truck?

ctn

I am thinking of buying this '65 U600, runs and drives good, cab does have some rust. For it's age it's not all that bad. Just curious as to where it should be priced.

post-12743-0-94827300-1395360733_thumb.j

post-12743-0-55643300-1395360782_thumb.j

post-12743-0-53127700-1395360806_thumb.j

• Like 2

God id love to to have that. 65 was the first year the U's really debuted. 64 they started making them but they were all made for 65 i think. But as you can see i love U models. Im restoring a 75' right now. What is he asking for it? I think its worth to a collector like 5,000 maybe. But depends on how bad you want it.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Every time this question comes up here or at JOT there are so many opinions but the plain & simple answer is (at least to me) :The seller has a price in mind & the buyer has a price in mind & someplace in between is the value. There is no KBB o r NADA value on these things. You have to decide how bad you want it & the seller has to decide how bad he wants to part with it.

This is all good advice and thanks for the feedback. It is a duplex trans. As far as working it, I was wanting to use it locally around town to move my equipment now and then.The running gear is in great shape, has air assist steering(might as well have none) with a small air tank. Wouldn't want to spot trailers all day with it. It is a neat old mack, big arms and lungs are just part of the experience.

If I had 3K into it, could I break even if need be?