Pictures of the Week

other dog

My cousin lives just off 422 at Worthington. Is the B located at the shop on the south side at the light? Love the pictures each week. Required reading for Sat morning. Harry

Yes, it's right after you get through a couple of stop lights, on the right going east.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Can you actually taste the raspberry in the candy-coated outside? I used to like the red ones when I was a kid because they had a weird taste to them while the others had no flavor. It turns out that red dye #2 was a carcinogen.

Is that a drilling site you delivered to in Amity? There's a lot going on right alongside I-79 between Washington and Mount Morris. I've delivered to that fence company across the road a few times.

Good to see the goats again. I found the location on Google Earth, they refer to that road as US 48. I thought it was WV 55.

Jim

Can you actually taste the raspberry in the candy-coated outside? I used to like the red ones when I was a kid because they had a weird taste to them while the others had no flavor. It turns out that red dye #2 was a carcinogen.

Is that a drilling site you delivered to in Amity? There's a lot going on right alongside I-79 between Washington and Mount Morris. I've delivered to that fence company across the road a few times.

Good to see the goats again. I found the location on Google Earth, they refer to that road as US 48. I thought it was WV 55.

It's open all the way to Mt. Storm now but I haven't been over there for a while. Used to go across there to Oakland, Md. but it's been a bad winter for selling lumber.

I don't know where the raspberry flavor comes from, but it's in there somewhere. I bought a bag of them at the truckstop in Barkeyville,Pa. last year and hadn't seen them since until last week. I even asked the guy delivering candy at a store around here about them and he said they were a temporary promotional type deal. Dark chocolate is good for you too... I keep telling myself that anyway.

I delivered the mats right there at exit 23 on 79. You can see them from the interstate, on the east side of I-79.

Pretty rare to see a CL-9000 these days,never had any desire to own one,but always liked that paint job!......................................Mark

That truck's been sitting there a long time too, but it does get moved around once in a while. I saw this one parked at the Love's at Fairplain, W.V. a few years ago. Apparently still working, but i've never seen it since.

• Like 1

A Ford CL9000 would be a nice one for a collection before they all disappear, its like the Ford MH if you think about it, the LTL was the Ford Superliner.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

If anyone buys a Ford CL 9000 try to find one without the air-ride cab option. My Brother and I bought one in 1979. It was not a bad truck except for the air-ride cab option.Every week it would come in listing to one side or the other. I did not like the way when going into a turn it leaned. We bought several air suspended trucks since then but I did not drive them as I like spring or Hendrickson Haulmax. I know get with the program but I am an old fossil. Joe D.

• Like 1

There is a refrigerated LTL company in Vineland,NJ (Homiak Transport) that ran a whole fleet of CL-9000's with that same red,silver and blue paint job,always sharp and clean! Friend of mine drove for them for a couple years,he said the same thing about the air-ride cab,they had a weird feel to them when taking a curve,he said it always felt like he was gonna roll-over! they run Kenworths now,still the same colors. I sat in one at a truck show once and thought the interior fabric was a little strange,kinda like burlap? looked to me like it might be "itchy" Lol!............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

It's open all the way to Mt. Storm now but I haven't been over there for a while. Used to go across there to Oakland, Md. but it's been a bad winter for selling lumber.

I don't know where the raspberry flavor comes from, but it's in there somewhere. I bought a bag of them at the truckstop in Barkeyville,Pa. last year and hadn't seen them since until last week. I even asked the guy delivering candy at a store around here about them and he said they were a temporary promotional type deal. Dark chocolate is good for you too... I keep telling myself that anyway.

I delivered the mats right there at exit 23 on 79. You can see them from the interstate, on the east side of I-79.

Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants and it's them those are good for you! Peanut M&M's have been a favorite of mine for as long as I have had teeth and was rather pleased when they introduced the dark chocolate option. They were fairly common at first but are hard to find, but they do still make them.

The "US 48" designation seem to pop-up when a number needs to be assigned to a road with hills in the mountains of the eastern US. It was the original name of I-68. I just checked it out 48 Google Earth. It's amazing how travel through that region has been made easier, especially for trucks, and you still get to keep the scenery.

Jim

Weren't the CL air ride cabs 4 corner air ride? Most trucks have rear air ride but it seems like I remember them being 4 corner and that was why they leaned and wobbled around so much.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Saw a nice B. That truck's been sitting there a long time.There's an old Carolina Freight trailer there too.

I followed up on the B Model in Worthington, Pa. The owner is out of town but the girl in the office said she is sure it is not for sale. She put me to his voice mail. I left a message to advise if he does want to sell.

Harry,i tried my friend out that way and he is also gone for the week.That how I got my 56 ford f600 from Montana,the girl behind the desk said the owner was out and it wasn't for sale.I kept calling and finally got a hold of the owner.Told him to give me his not for sale at all price.When he did I told him the trucker would be by within the week,he said ok.The rest is history.