ford truck

monserandsons

hi forgive me if im posting in the wrong area tomorrow im going to look at a s/a ford with the 3208. iv already asked the owner a bunch of questions so im wondering this- when they say it has a 6 speed transmission does that mean its a 6 speed auto or manual transmission? thanks.

hi forgive me if im posting in the wrong area tomorrow im going to look at a s/a ford with the 3208. iv already asked the owner a bunch of questions so im wondering this- when they say it has a 6 speed transmission does that mean its a 6 speed auto or manual transmission? thanks.

Either-actually I think Ford stopped using 3208's in mediums around 85 when they went to the Brazil Ford six. Not sure Allison was building 6spd auto back then for mediums.

hi all I got the truck and am very happy with its condition. I know I will have to replace the throwout bearing but some grease really quieted it. my big question is the waterpump is quite large with several protrusions. each head has about an 1 1/2 pipe going into this large pump casting. there is what looks like an oring on each. both sides have a slow drip, doesn't spray when hot just a slow drip. any suggestions? its a 3208 and the tranny is actually 5+2. thanks.

the glass bulb is a see (green) good to go mark as for the throw out brg. i've never been around one where you could hear your self think when the clutch is depressed even the 3208 predecessor the 1160 had the same noisy clutch. Never had the front water manifold off cant help with that , check ebay for books.

thanks, unfortunately the two orings that go from the heads to the front cover are seeping antifreeze. there is no easy fix. my research says the heads are the way to go. but since the engine has low hours and doesn't smoke im going to go for the front cover. I realize its no mack but my chances of passing the road test are much better in this truck. my father drove it back from Hartford ct for me. this was one of the most stressful days of my lifeit was 180 miles one way. ibrought everything from a generator to a fire extinguisher. not many old trucks look like that around here.

actually one of the main reasons I went to look at it was because its 35,000. the rear axle tag says eaton 23,000 the mack tag only said 19,000 on the rear. the only thing that's got me is the fact that the O-rings are seeping between the heads and front cover. its pina no matter how u do it. doesn't leak when hot only after it cools. my research says pulling the heads is easier but because of its low hours and the fact that it barely smokes when its cold im gonna go for the front cover. after that the only thing I wish it had was some kind of retarder. thanks for the replies, im really proud of it. i

iv never claimed to be a big truck guy but that is what the mack said, although the cab was changed no matter how you look at it, even with that new motor the mack had, im hundreds of miles ahead with this as far as being legal and looking presentable we actually looked at a rd with a 237 in baibridge just like the old one for 7500. about the same condition as this ford. my dad said he would give me the other 2500 I needed but hes helped us out enough already

Edited by monserandsons