Mack Dump truck search nearing the end

Man, that's a fine machine right there. 84, if he gets ready to get rid of it I'll arm wrestle you for it! That thing would look right at home sitting next to my blue '96 RD triaxle. We both have tall spokes and Ox Body beds, too. Was Ox making beds like that in '79? I've seen Rogers beds that old but I'm not sure about Ox. Maybe the box got swapped out later in life?

I'm sure the bed's been swaped at some point. I think it might have been a rogers originally, I dont think ox makes the under body frame.

There's two still there, but they are rusty and I can't read them.

It may be stamped on the front of the engine just above the inj pump timing cover,looking at the front of the engine on the left side right in front of the pump you will see a round cover,look right on top of that cover but not on the cover its self.

Been messing around with the truck today. Got the engine tag clean to where I can kind of read it. I beleive the 2nd owner may have changed the engine and possibly the rears. Thats why I thought I was told wrong from my local Mack, I'm guessing. Got a call into the 2nd owner. As you can see on the engine tag the manufactors date is 4- 73, engine family 3, and model END T (?) 675. Thoughts?

post-5458-0-87845800-1393699078_thumb.jp

Just talked with the second owner, the one before the guy I bought it from. He said that it did have the 300 engine when he sold it and that it did come with the 44K rear ends. He also said that when he sold it that it did have original low hours and miles. So, the guy I bought it from must have swaped the engine at some point and somehow forgot to tell me about it....

LOL....ok. Talked with the guy I purchased from..Said he forgot about swapping the engine... ;) said not long after he had it the eninge started using oil and made a loud noise like it was about to come apart. He didn't have time to mess with it so he found a firetruck engine with around 20,000 miles on it and swaped it out. At this point, who knows. I still have a great truck and the guy did offer to give me my money back...lol