B67 powertrain

Remember last year I did some "fence shopping"? Well what I though was a concave cabbed B61 is actually a 67. I have pics on my phone but I have a tough time posting them up if anyone wants to put them up for me, I'll email them to you. Did these city tractors have turbo motors in them? This one does and it looks complete, other than the tractor is rough

A complete explanation of the various B cab designs and measurements and corresponding model numbers are in this wiki article.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/tutorials/article/11-b-model-cab-data/

Many years ago there was a B673 tandem in VT. Pretty interesting combination. It went for auction, where abouts unknown.

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

the B65 was a whole different animal from a B67 or b61. a B61 with a concave cab was still a B61. a B67 had the shorter aluminum hood with only the one short stainless strip on the side. a B65 had all the same hood chrome as a B61 but it was all crammed in. I believe the hood was 3'' shorter on a B65. Red Star Express ran almost mostly B65's. they had the weird bigger square fuel tank like St Johnsbury truckin ran also. it was bigger around and almost dragged the ground. either way a B67 with a factory turbo is a rare one .

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

My 1962 B-67T has a 673P engine with a TRD 670 Duplex on 22" rubber. Most of the B-67'S I ever saw were not speced heavy as they were made for highway use. There was a B-67 tandem dump for sale in my area a few years ago that had a Quadbox it must have been put in by owner as spec sheets I have do not list a quadbox as an option. I saw a b-67 on craigslist today in upstate NY or New England concave cab.Nice picture of tandem B-67 as most I ever saw were single axle. Joe D.