My 1962 B Model Tractor

When I bought my red B, it had a black air cleaner dome on the red air cleaner. It had black straps and black mounting bracket. My question is, did all of these tractors in 62 have the same color combinations for the above hardware? Why I ask is, I would like to change the colors to a red dome with red air cleaner and mounting with chrome the straps. What are your thoughts?

mike

My 1961 is body color- green and Burly Horans 1962 B61 in body color also. I personally like the idea of a corresponding color on the hat and brackets . . .eye candy. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Chrome!!

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

by late 61, early 62 they changed the color combos to make things simpler. the frames, bumpers, cow catchers and fuel tanks were all black, everything else was body color. this is also the time the Delbar style mirror brackets came standard with the Mack bubble back mirror head and the signal lights came on the pedestals. any other color combos were options tho.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Matt Pfhal has the chrome extension to raise the hat up. It comes with the smaller hat. I like my big hat, so used it instead. The big hat, mounted on the cleaner would get whacked by the vent window if you opened the door with the vent swung open. My hat had a large dent in the rim from 40+yrs. I got it straightened and reinstalled.

If someone needs a new small hat, I have one available.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"