Looking for Mack AB Fire Apparatus

fxfymn

As most of you know I am in the process of restoring my 1925 AB pumper/chemical truck. Based on conversations with other collectors I'm pretty sure there are not a lot of AB fire trucks left, but I'm also sure there are some hiding out there that haven't seen daylight for quite a few years.

So the question is; does anyone know the location and details of any AB fire trucks?

Here are the ones I have found so far:

Mine; 1925 Pumper/Chemical Ex. Bloomingdale, NJ

Tom Hermans 1925 Pumper Ex. Lakewood, NJ

Bridgehampton NY 1922 Pumper Still in fire house

Berlin, MD 1924 Pumper/Chemical Still in fire house

Sewell Fire Co. NJ Pumper Still in fire house

I know one was sold by Ware, MA 20 or more years ago; current location unknown

The first pic is Tom's truck shortly after delivery.

The second pic is mine the day I brought it home.

post-2016-0-00258400-1389880016_thumb.jp

post-2016-0-05039500-1389880164_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I remember Germantown Vol., Danbury CT had one-used. It was their first motorized.

Went to Danbury State Fair for display. When the fair shut down, we were able to aquire it.

The boys were all excited about re-doing it. Not much got done and interest waned.

I know it was then sold. But I have no idea where it went.

If I only knew then, what I know now.

Some of the old timers remember having to stop and put the chain back on

Looked very much like your second pic

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

The is an AB city service ladder truck in the Mack Museum. It was donated by the Peckville? PA fire company to America on Wheels, but is not on display there. I drove it from a show at America on Wheels in Allentown to the Mack Museum. That was a fun ride.

Gary Mahan has a Restored AB pumper that the hose bed has been converted to seating. It is from Steeleton, PA, the same town my AC is from. You should contact him about the engine parts you need.

Mike

Mike; That one is the Sewell Fire Co. in NJ. I also got pics at the ATCA show. (for some reason the copy/paste function no longer works for me on this site)

Carey; You are right, yours slipped my mind. Nice picture.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

The ATCA Double Clutch magazine featured this picture on the inside back cover in their Feb/March 2008 issue.

I didn't see any detailed information listed for the truck in the magazine. Looks like the hood says Borough of Steelton.

post-7036-0-36001300-1390312094_thumb.jp

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.