Hi, I have a 1996 Mack CL700 logger (recently purchased) and today when I went to fuel up I discovered that although the left tank was empty as per my fuel gauge but the right tank was full. The fuel was balancing out before between theses two tanks and nothing has been changed (no valves closed that were previously open). Hmmm... any ideas anyone?

Seen this 3 times, once the line had been pinched under the truck, once the valve had trash in it and once it was closed and the knob was stripped off.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

If they are plumbed anything like the CH's I've had,you don't have a crossover line at the bottom of the tanks with shutoffs.under the cab is a valve/jct block,whatever the proper name is that will freeze up in very cold weather. Had it happen more than once,a little hot water and all was well,till the next time it happened.

All of my CL's and CH's except one had the bottom crossover line. You could order them either way. Because water weighs more than fuel your water can setlle in the crossover and freeze up. That small cross member that the line is attached to is bent so the line is lower than the tanks. I usually flip it upside down so the line is above the bottom of the tanks. It might leave 10 extra gallons in the tank though

If they are plumbed anything like the CH's I've had,you don't have a crossover line at the bottom of the tanks with shutoffs.under the cab is a valve/jct block,whatever the proper name is that will freeze up in very cold weather. Had it happen more than once,a little hot water and all was well,till the next time it happened.

I am with Mike, if no previous issues likely gelled/frozen fuel

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."