any body know what years or Rmodels came with this dash

• 2 weeks later...

I think they might have changed mid-year '73.Seen some early '73's with steel dashes in 'em yet. Storkmack has a pulling truck that is a '73-steel dash,big letters on hood with the rib on back of the fenders.Many RL/RS's from '73 built that way also,from what I've been told.That heater cover was still available in '04 for a mere $37.00 NEW!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

65 to 72.

Our Little Man is Growing Up, LOL!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

We had afuel truck that was a 69 r model that had that dash.That truck did nothing but run and run everyday.I can't remember it ever breaking down.Sorry to say but I think it took a boat ride.We sold it to a fellow out on Newark,NJ that did alot of exporting.He also brought our 3 rmodel dump we had.The 3 dumps all had around 80,000 orignal miles on them.Other then the cabs being rusted they were great trucks.

It looks like an F model dash panel. The R models that came out here had 5 guages (2 large 3 small) in the panel under the steering wheel, and a smaller rectangle panel to the left of it with 2 more guages and a large pyro if it was ordered. The F models had all 7 guages in the one panel, and the pyro was halfway accross the dash. Ive never seen this panel in an R model before, it might be a very early one, like a 65 model.

Skip

• 1 month later...

It looks like an F model dash panel. The R models that came out here had 5 guages (2 large 3 small) in the panel under the steering wheel, and a smaller rectangle panel to the left of it with 2 more guages and a large pyro if it was ordered. The F models had all 7 guages in the one panel, and the pyro was halfway accross the dash. Ive never seen this panel in an R model before, it might be a very early one, like a 65 model.

Skip

This is THE standard R-model dash from the 1st generation trucks. Nothing unusual about it. Looks exactly like my 70.

I'd sure like to have a complete gauge console like this as a spare. Anybody got one with good gauges in it?

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

I would like to see a very good steering wheel. Don't recall any photo's since I've been a member that had one without big cracks. I have a similar wheel that I bought off of e-bay that has a couple but looks pretty good especially the center horn button. Would not mind trading it for a very good B Model wheel.

mike

I would like to see a very good steering wheel. Don't recall any photo's since I've been a member that had one without big cracks. I have a similar wheel that I bought off of e-bay that has a couple but looks pretty good especially the center horn button. Would not mind trading it for a very good B Model wheel.

mike

Did you just say "good" & "steering wheel" in the same sentence? LMAO!
  • Like 1

Weasel,

Got a nice one off of ebay a few months back that was out of a CF. Decent gauges and an extra "small guage" hole (lower center) for a mere $80.00! Keep looking,they're out there! Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Weasel,

Got a nice one off of ebay a few months back that was out of a CF. Decent gauges and an extra "small guage" hole (lower center) for a mere $80.00! Keep looking,they're out there! Al

Thanks, 57.

I really just need the tach...and a cable. All my other gages are pretty good.

.......Ah,10-4! I really like the CF panel because of the extra guage hole.Now I won't have to drill any more holes in my pristine dash to mount my pyrometer,ya know?

• 4 weeks later...