Snow Removal stuff

BKrois

I hear theres NJ and NY trucks lined up in New Haven for salt. Ill like to see what happens when the little pile they have left is gone and see what the state tells them

Matt I don't know what we are going to do for salt. Probably go back to Atlantic City again. Some guys were running to Delaware I was told.

My dad said Tuesday there was a bunch from NY and then around 5 this morning when he was got loaded there was a bunch from NJ and NY and they're waiting a few hours to get loaded. Luckily he gets to go around them since he works for them. A bunch of towns here were on the news complaining they got 22 ton of salt and that will last them 3 trucks and then just use straight sand

Matt

does the eastern states hire private trucks to plow state or county highways? if so how damn much does insurance cost ? ive never seen this done on northwest states. citys yes county and state no, unless state of emergency is declared.

Yep. Most states around here hire private trucks to plow and use their own. A good portion of towns do too. As for insurance i dont know

Matt

does the eastern states hire private trucks to plow state or county highways? if so how damn much does insurance cost ? ive never seen this done on northwest states. citys yes county and state no, unless state of emergency is declared.

The county and towns around here would be screwed without private contractors, the ins for my dump truck doesn't cost me any more to plow snow,I have a 100 hrs so far this winter..

My dad said Tuesday there was a bunch from NY and then around 5 this morning when he was got loaded there was a bunch from NJ and NY and they're waiting a few hours to get loaded. Luckily he gets to go around them since he works for them. A bunch of towns here were on the news complaining they got 22 ton of salt and that will last them 3 trucks and then just use straight sand

I went to H O Penn this afternoon and saw a bunch of NY/NJ trucks heading towards Gateway. On the ride back i passed a bunch headed south loaded with salt. 95/91 had trucks from all over hauling salt

Im sure the bergan cty cops wont say anything

The second they find out it's a L.Demarino truck he will get lots of tickets. He has a very good relationship with Bergen County. Now Joey is upset because he forgot the driver of my old truck is not coming in tomorrow and he has to drive tomorrow. I'd rather drive my old tri axle but I commited so.....

Years ago hauled salt to all the townships. First ran 24/7 in Port Newark from the ship to an empty lot inside the port. When the ship was empty we'd fill truck orders going to all the townships and road garages in the state. Rates were determined by tonnage and distance. Money was good, as long as you hustled and played politics. TOMBSTONE