Western RS, RL or Valueliner Cab Mounts

Hi, sorry to start yet another similar thread but my R Model project has stalled because I need to work out exactly how tall a Western RS/RL/Valueliner cab mount is.

Is there anyone that has a Western RS/RL/Valueliner that can post a picture of their front cab mount (to show how tall it is compared to the chassis) or measure the distance in height from the top of the chassis rail to the centre of the eye of the mount?

It would be really appreciated if someone could help as we don’t have these models in Australia and I need to fabricate a cab mount to the correct height.

Thanks!!!

Hi, sorry to start yet another similar thread but my R Model project has stalled because I need to work out exactly how tall a Western RS/RL/Valueliner cab mount is.

Is there anyone that has a Western RS/RL/Valueliner that can post a picture of their front cab mount (to show how tall it is compared to the chassis) or measure the distance in height from the top of the chassis rail to the centre of the eye of the mount?

It would be really appreciated if someone could help as we don’t have these models in Australia and I need to fabricate a cab mount to the correct height.

Thanks!!!

I'll take a look at my RS700L and get you some pics and measurements.

Josh

What year are you working on. the newer RS-RL cabs sits higher than the older ones. don't know what year they switched. I have a 79 RS600L and it has the round front cab mounts.

It is an ’85 model but the complicating factor is that it is not actually a RS/RL – it is an Australian built R Model (which is essentially the same as an Eastern USA R Model). I am essentially rebuilding it to go back to work amongst modern trucks. As part of the rebuild, I am setting the cab back and lifting the height to take a RS700L hood that I have. There is heaps of clearance under the guards on an OZ R Model and it can look a bit excessive when you lift the cab height. I like the lowered guards on the Western RS hood so am setting the cab position to take the RS hood. As we don’t have RS/RL models in Australia, I have no idea what the standard height above the rails the cab should be. A may go a touch higher than standard but just need to get an idea of the stock position first. Once I get the cab height, I will fabricate the hood mounts to suit. Thanks