Superliner Exhaust

Okay I took a ton of detailed pics at Lititz of all the different ways to dual out a Superliner...problem is, I didnt talk to anyone and get manufacturer/part numbers!

I want to run 6" at least to under the cab, but I cannot find anyone that makes a 6" chrome elbows less than 45 degrees...

If I go from 6 to 5 on the stack, I have seen a bunch of one piece multi elbow 5" chrome that gets you inder the cab and turned toward the center like this...

It looks like a 90-30-45 degree bend...anyone know the manufactuer? I have been thru the Grand Rock Catalog...UNless they are kw or pete parts or something...

post-6773-0-81197800-1381268096_thumb.jppost-6773-0-75357900-1381268159_thumb.jp

Here is another that may be two pc...

post-6773-0-35277300-1381268354_thumb.jp

And another

post-6773-0-34805200-1381268498_thumb.jp

Anybody have any ideas?

• Like 1

Mine are 6" x 96" miter cut stacks with tight radius 6" 90's sleeved in at the bottom and the 6" to 5" reducer is under the edge of the cab. I think they are dynaflex elbows. PM me you number and I'll call you when I get a minute and explain what you need.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Does that truck have an aluminum frame bobo?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

CL exhaust is different...no go...

Got some prices on the chrome 5 inch like on bobo's awesome truck....WOWSIE!

The drivers side pipe (between the muffler and the crossover) is $510,

the other side (which is one pices and includes the Y pipe) is $1340!

Anyhow, I have the part numbers and illustration for a superliner dual system

if anyone ever needs a part number!

If you want to play, you have to pay! :whistling:

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Heres a pic of one side of mine, it drops back to 5" after the elbow before it goes under the cab so it has plenty of clearance, like I said its 6" united pacific 96" miter stack and a 6" dynaflex tight radius elbow, they are both plain end where they join and there is a sleeve inside the seam is hidden behind the bottom clamp. I think the chrome 6-5 reducer was Dynaflex too, and the clamps are Stainless wide band mounting clamps for a pete, I cut the brackets off my hangers and made my own to get the stacks where I wanted them.

• Like 1

Heres a pic of one side of mine, it drops back to 5" after the elbow before it goes under the cab so it has plenty of clearance, like I said its 6" united pacific 96" miter stack and a 6" dynaflex tight radius elbow, they are both plain end where they join and there is a sleeve inside the seam is hidden behind the bottom clamp. I think the chrome 6-5 reducer was Dynaflex too, and the clamps are Stainless wide band mounting clamps for a pete, I cut the brackets off my hangers and made my own to get the stacks where I wanted them.

post-5240-0-15606900-1381445656_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Very clever...me like...I like the idea of hiding a sleeve inside...are the pipes 6 ID and you used a piece of 6 od for the splice?

I am struggling with how to get back around the cab air bag and how to "create" the Y...

It is about 15 deg from the support bracket, then a 45 to go under the cab, I would need a 60 degree to get back straight across the frame...

Still thinking whether to go under the cab at 6 or neck down after the stack...

So many choices!

mine is 6" id stacks and elbow, with a 6"od sleeve, the sleeve is made for this so they should know what to get, then under the cab past the reducer I have a 5" 45 on each side, going forward into a y pipe on the right and another 45 on the left, then its just a short piece of straight to tie into the y pipe, Ill have to try ot get under my truck to take some pics, I used a piece of flex on both sides and another one from the downpipe to the y so theres plenty of movement.

Anyone have a part number or a truck serial number (RW) that has duals with a plain (not chrome) y pipe? Maybe I can get it for less than $1340!

Thanks

Last I checked there weren't any non chrome y pipes left. I talked to Grand Rock exhaust, gave them the Mack y pipe p/n and they said they would make one for $500.

I put a universal y under center of cab so pipes smoke at same time

Good point I forgot about ^^

Even after the RW ,,,,the Mack Y pipe favored the Right side before the left. If you make smoke with the 6" pipes it will be uneven

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

• 1 month later...