Pictures of the Week

other dog

Holy Mackerel! this RS was in the old "American Trucker" magazine many years ago,one of my absolute alltime favorite trucks! I didn't even know it still existed! if this isn't the same truck,it's pretty damn close! IIRC,the story was about 3 guys (maybe brothers?) that went partners in the trucking business,the other two trucks were "Brand-X" (pete and KW I believe) this one had Mad-Dog on the license plate,V-8,and I think a 5X4? not sure on that,but i'd be willing to bet this is the same truck! Made my day to see it! if I could have gotten empty earlier,i would have been there!...............Mark

Like I said earlier,I'm sure this truck was for sale in a really old Wheels of Time

I don't think I even want to know what or why?....................................................Mark

I was laughing my ass off at the captions and then that appeared in the next post. I felt like I hit a brick wall doing 90 mph.

Great shots otherwise, especially the F and the RS.

• Like 1

Jim

Oh, pictures of the week...I had a stew Sunday, here's a few pictures.

post-1374-0-01272100-1380667986_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-05038700-1380668388_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-47005200-1380668622_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-78090700-1380668428_thumb.jp

I even wore my best shirt.

post-1374-0-64304800-1380668701_thumb.jp

Then after it's all over you have to empty the stew pot, boil it out again and clean it, re-season it, then you can plop it down on the back porch and take pictures of it.

post-1374-0-65019500-1380668887_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-18790400-1380668930_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-05256600-1380668971_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Nice pics there Tom & looking @ that black cast iron pot full of Mulligan Stew & boat oar bring back some good memories . :twothumbsup:

Thanks for posting the thread to my Fb wall too got a couple of cousins that may see that & we were talking about the old days & making Brunswick stew the other day .. ;)

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

But seriously, i'd say that stew pot was one of the best investments I ever made. It holds 30 quarts, not enough for most events or fund raisers where there's tons of peoples, but for family and friend get togethers it holds more than enough, we've never emptied the pot. Well, there was that one time when I made stew at the shop and it got emptied, but that was a lot of hungry truck drivers.

I like to make it, not bragging but lots of folks have said it was the best stew they ever had. I use a 5lb. bag of potatoes, 3lb. bag of onions, this one had 13lbs. of whole sirloin tip in it, plus tomatoes, green beans, peas, corn, butter beans, worcestershire sauce, seasoning,and a stick of Land-O-Lakes real butter. Everybody left here full and carrying quart jars of stew with them.

Yum Yum!!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

...and one more.

attachicon.gifdscn0534.jpg

Uhhhh, nobody else noticed that is an E9? just curious cause they didnt come in anything but RW, MH, RD800, and CL that I knew of.

• Like 1

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That doesnt even mention its a 73 model and um well they didnt have the E9 in 73, not even close actually.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Lmao i wish i could make it to lititz on sat so i could get to meet some of you guys and put a face to a icon

my profile picture there is actually me, I am blue, and wear blue shorts and a blue T shirt at all times.I also have big blue ears and a long blue nose...really long nose.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.