Good Re-Chrome/Plating Places?

I have a place in Nashville I use, dont know until I see what you got if its doable, let me check with Bill @ Winrock to see if he has an old U emblem laying around I could get re chromed, you just need the emblem from the drivers side cowl in front of the door right?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have a place in Nashville I use, dont know until I see what you got if its doable, let me check with Bill @ Winrock to see if he has an old U emblem laying around I could get re chromed, you just need the emblem from the drivers side cowl in front of the door right?

Yes. Its the U-600 emblem that goes on the drivers side of the cab. Doesnt Winrock have an email?

And thanks Mark, i will look into that.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Yeah but I can't remember it Vinny I just call em when I need something.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Let me know if they answer Vin...I have sent them three emails with parts requests and got nothing! Been a month or so! Last one was the other night...

Have you called em Leslie? Its only 3 main people running that place they get pretty covered up.

Vin,

I use Hanlon's in Richmond for my "everyday, industrial" type stuff. Good work, good prices, but not always show quality. http://hanlonplating.com/index.php

I use Paul's Chrome Plating in Evans City, PA near Pittsburgh for my show quality stuff and to have any "pot metal" items re-furbished and plated. Top quality and you pay for what you get.

http://www.paulschrome.com/

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Vin,

I use Hanlon's in Richmond for my "everyday, industrial" type stuff. Good work, good prices, but not always show quality. http://hanlonplating.com/index.php

I use Paul's Chrome Plating in Evans City, PA near Pittsburgh for my show quality stuff and to have any "pot metal" items re-furbished and plated. Top quality and you pay for what you get.

http://www.paulschrome.com/

Thanks. Looks like i have alot of options. Gotta write them all down.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

You cannot do it to a pot metal piece like the emblem, but you will save quite a bit of the cost of a re-plating if you buff the piece out yourself before you get it plated. A significant part of the cost of plating work is polishing the piece prior to plating. It is not unusual for shops to charge $50.00 per hour or more to buff out parts.

If you DYI you need to get it completely scratch free as any defects will show through the plating. Depending on what it is, and how badly it is pitted, I have started with 120 grit paper and worked all the way up to a fine polish grit on the buffing wheel. The better the buff job, the better the plating will look.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!