1977 RS700L for sale

R700

I am thinking about selling my 1977 RS700L, I figured I would post it here first. It is an RS767L, and still has the Cummins, 13 speed, and #44,000 Mack rears. It was a lowboy tractor all of its life. It has the full fenders on the rear to haul a lowboy, and a new front bumper.

I would like to see it go to a good home, and be completely restored like I planned to do. It needs a cab, my friend has a perfect cab for the truck for $1,200.

The truck is about 30 minutes from Watts Mack, at my house.

I can post a pic if someone is interested.

Feel free to ask questions, serious inquires only please.

Ethan

I will post a picture in a little bit, as long as photobucket doesn't give me any trouble.

It looks worse than it is in the pics because of the cab. The guy that I bought this RS from, dropped it off to have it painted, and have the cab repaired, but it never happened.

I would like to find my Mack a new home before the snow flies. My friend has a 35 ton Rogers lowboy for sale, 102 wide, 22 feet of deck. Overall it is a pretty clean trailer, and is not that old, the trailer was used until recently. He is asking $6,000 for the trailer.

I would like to make someone a package deal.

Ethan

• 1 month later...

I would also accept trades.

I have been looking for a long hood, narrow nose B-model, something I can put a Cummins in, but still have the narrow (b61 style radiator and grill shell) hood. I have only seen a couple of these Macks in my life, originally they had 220 or 262 Cummins power.

I am sure Mike "Superdog" would know what I am talking about.

• Like 1

Ethan,something like this B-73 that was driven by "Slim Jim" Schaefer?post-510-0-86435500-1383974915_thumb.jpg This one had a 200 Cummins I think.He hauled "Heileman's Old Style" beer from the brewery in LaCrosse,Wis. to the distributor near Chicago.

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Sorry,Ethan.This is only other shot I have of that truck.I'm sure the museum would have some factory shots somewhere.They are a rare breed,for sure.This one did have a 200 Cummins and a triplex.It was a '56 B-73LST! :bulldog3:post-510-0-26582100-1384097326_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I think most of the small rad B73, etc are going to be on the left coast. Long shot but Craigslist for NV, NM UT, WA may turn up something over time.

Yeah,I think your right about where they ended up Jim.This one was even more rare with spokes instead of Budds,probably!

Thanks for the info guys!

I think that you guys are right about the small rad B73's being on the left coast, my buddy has one in western Pa, but he went to Montana to get it, lol!

I remember seeing a small rad B73 in wheels of time, it had a 262 Cummins, a tri-plex, dual air-cleaners, and an ABC sleeper. The photo was taken in the early 1960's.

Thanks for the other photo BCR!

Thanks for the info guys!

I think that you guys are right about the small rad B73's being on the left coast, my buddy has one in western Pa, but he went to Montana to get it, lol!

I remember seeing a small rad B73 in wheels of time, it had a 262 Cummins, a tri-plex, dual air-cleaners, and an ABC sleeper. The photo was taken in the early 1960's.

Thanks for the other photo BCR!

You bet,Ethan.Wish I could tell you where it is now! They traded it in on a new, big radiatored B-73 in '62 with a big 220 Cummins in it!

Ethan, depending on what part of PA you're from, there's a guy in Tunnelton, WV that has a bunch of old Macks. Look up Larew's truck parts or something of the sort. If he doesn't have it, he might know where to find it. Our Mack come from Tunnelton and on the way down I saw a bunch of B models just sitting off the road. I'm not sure what exactly they are, I'm not too familiar with them, but if you're close, it'd be worth a look. They don't look like they run often at all, so I'd imagine the owners might be interested in letting them go.

Being in the process of getting your CDL's is like sitting on death row...

Joe, thanks for the info, I will have to pick up a wheels of time.

Maddog, I am beginning to see just how rare they are, lol! I remember a post on the ATHS message board, where a member had a narrow nose sitting next to his shop, in So. Cal, which is a little far.

Fayette, were you interested in the B73 narrow nose, or my RS? I know of the Larew's, I will have to check it out. What kind of mack do you have, and where exactly is Fayettnam???