1958 or 59 Ford F600 pr F700

Dougsr

A friend and I found an old Ford 600 or 700. We have not went back to get it yet. We was going to give it a good looi inside but it was full of them red flying watch dogs. I have been looking for a good place to find body parts and a windshield for the big trucks. Down below the grill it has three holes. I have saw a couple on line that had two holes. I don't know if the three holes was a bigger truck than the two holes. We are going to put the dump bed we removed from the B model Mack on it. If anyone knows a good place for parts for the bigger Fords let me know.

Doug

Try this place right here..http://www.joblotauto.com/.....They seemed to be pretty well priced, and there catalogs breaks alot of stuff down to the smallest parts. Hope this helps

• Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

• 3 weeks later...

If you get his info you can post it for me. It will be a good while before we work on it. We just wanted to save it from the scrapper. We are going to have to get back on the B Model Mack before long. Problem is we have a lot of projects. Lol

Doug

Dougstr

That is definitely a 59 or 60. Ford used the same grille both years above F-700. It would have the "Super Duty" Ford designed heavy truck engine which came in three sizes, can not remember the smallest but the other 2 are a 477 and 534. The 534 would run with a 220 Cummins and pass everything but a gas station!!

Contact Michelle Cole in Smithville TX. MichellHC@aol.com She is the Ford Guru Has an N-950 and a LTL 9000. Her dad was a Ford shop foreman back in the 50's and 60's and she has all the old shop manuals. My 55 F-600 has the serial number tag inside the glove box door but they might have moved it by 59-60.

Brocky

I hauled a few logs with an old super duty. It was the next body style. It had the 534 bored out with a 5 and 3 trans. That old sucker would fly. It was hot in the summer time. When you would turn around in the woods you would have to get someone to stand on the running board to help you. We did not piggy back the pole trailers back then. I drove the L series most of the time with a 475 with the 5 and 4. I was a happy camper when we got the L 9000 with the little 270 with the 7 speed. I did haul a few with the F 750 talk about make your butt pucker. Lol

Doug

Chucks trucks is who I get 9N parts from heres his contact info

Chucks Trucks

15 Corporate Ridge Rd.,#5
Hamden, CT. 06514

Shop: (203) 288-2769
Home: (203) 287-9830 Chuck4850@aol.com

http://www.chuckstrucksllc.com/startframe.htm

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

yup that's a 59 or 60. the 500 and 600's I believe you could get 5 or 6lug. no rhyme or reason either, I have seen 53-56 fords with both 5 and 6 studs in 5 and 600 numbers. think when they went to 700 and 750 later it was 8 and 10 stud wheels. the tag is usually in the glove box or in the driverside door jamb. the 477 and 534's would pass everything but a gas station. every old Ford I remember smelled like raw gas .

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...