Just for you Ben

farmer52

That second video is O.G. truckin buddy, gotta love a real truck, you put a "modern" truck driver (steering wheel holders)in that and they'd quit inside 48 hours.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Air shift? We don't need no stinkin air shift!

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

A driptroit in a John Deere , oh the shame! :)

Theyre both green!

Personally im not a John Deere Man when it comes to farm equipment (A Yellow deere is another story) but I have oprated them for friends . all my family had was J.I.Case & IH (before the merger) & A handful of AC Traactors & a couple Gleaner combines (sardine can on wheels :loldude:) when I came along .

They ran JD Before my time but they had a 4620 they bought about 1971 or 1972 that stayed in the shop more than it did in the field . it gave them nothing but trouble & pop said the dealer here didn't want to do nothing about the continuing problem w/ the Hydraulic pump so they replaced it w/ a 1370 Case .

But I've never seen or herd a John Deere Farm tractor w/ a 238 (671) Detroit in it . I Bet you would be saying "WHAT YOU SAY ? I CANT HEAR YOU !! " Even a quit conversation w/ a loved 1 @ the end of the day ... :loldude:

I Like a 2 stroke Detroit myself made a good living w/ a 238 , 353 ,371, 453, 471, 6V92 & 318 but im finding myself to liking a 4 stroke motor more & more as I get older . they are so much more quiet

(GOD DID I JUST SAY THAT? WHERE THE HELL DID THAT COME FROM ? :loldude: ) it could be cause im 38 yrs old & say WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY ? after all those years of Straight piping the Detroit's that was in the equipment . ;) I had better sense than to straight pipe the trucks w/ Detroits in them as I didn't want the DOT Jacking w/ me no more than they already did @ times .

:mack1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONZKsdTSPHI

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

John Deere built at least one prototype tractor with a GM 6V engine. I saw it in person and also remember seeing an advertisement. The end result was development of the "intercooler" or aftercooler using jacket water to cool the intake air (to gain more power). The 4620 was the final product (turbo and intercooler). The main reason Deere did not use the 6V was because of limited forward visibility caused by the V configuration. I believe Kinze sold a kit to repower Deeres with a 6V engine. Not sure if they offered kits for other tractor brands.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"