New dog at home! 77 dm686

Thanks ECD she is in good shape. A good cl find, traded the guy a 96 crew cab ford pick up for her. Ya your right vladislav a sleeper dm tractor will be a beast of a different color. Does anyone know if the solid walking beams can be changed to camelback with out a act of congress and a left arm?

Nice. Looks solid. Still the old style too with them marker lights and dogs on the doors. Only thing your missing is the DM-600 emblem. 77' was the last year for that stuff. And my U model was built in Oakville too. You should send a letter to the Mack museum with the serial number so they can get you all of its build sheets and history etc.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

neat find, yeah you can swap it to camelback, I actually had the right rear suspension and housings here until a couple months ago, just measure the inside width of your frame then go find a trunnion that matches(should be any dm,r,f or u of that era) and remove whats there sliding it all out the back and slide the trunnion in from the back and bolt it up, add crossmembers as needed not a real big deal.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Nice Find . :twothumbsup: My family made a Many a dollar w/ a DM Bulldog (Dump) ;)

:mack1:

why make a bunch of $1 dollars, why not just go for 1 big score? lol, Ill be in Memphis and then Galloway tomorrow, do I need to keep an eye out so I dont get shot?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Very nice, good luck with it.

You don't see many of the offset cabs with sleepers so you'll have something unique. I'm not sure if you considered this, but the back window won't align with the sleeper opening when centered on the frame. You'll have some fabricating to do if you want access from the cab.

Jim

neat find, yeah you can swap it to camelback, I actually had the right rear suspension and housings here until a couple months ago, just measure the inside width of your frame then go find a trunnion that matches(should be any dm,r,f or u of that era) and remove whats there sliding it all out the back and slide the trunnion in from the back and bolt it up, add crossmembers as needed not a real big deal.

Ok So ill have to change all of it. Thats what i thought id have to change the chair too

Very nice, good luck with it.

You don't see many of the offset cabs with sleepers so you'll have something unique. I'm not sure if you considered this, but the back window won't align with the sleeper opening when centered on the frame. You'll have some fabricating to do if you want access from the cab.

Im figuring ill have to move the access hole in the bunk to match the cab. Wont be easy but if it was easy youd see it more often
  • Like 1

look around Vinny there out there for cheap sometimes, I got most of my models for under $100 and about half under $50 on ebay.