Aight here we go with Macks from TN, I should be able to keep folks entertained for a while, maybe Staxx and Mike can help.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

what's the story on the Western F ??

There was nobody home but compared to most f models I've seen it looked good, and it was only the second F700 I've ever seen.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

That B model dump is for sale price is $8500, I would have already bought it but I can use that money on the projects I've already got.

Don't know I stopped in person I've never looked at the website.

The next time I'm hauling in Memphis I'll try to get some pics. There's still a lot of older trucks running around up there. A friend of mine has around ten older R model tandem dumps still running around there and north Mississippi.

Does my RD count, seeing as I bought it from a guy in Memphis? attachicon.gif62790_437987481771_5859916_n.jpg

Yup Id say so . ;)

Jake : Are you talking about Estes out of Ms that hauls out of Metal management in North Memphis ? I Don't know him personally but he sure has some good looking R Models under those dump wagons . :twothumbsup:

When I 1st started seeing his trucks around Memphis I thought they were Jimmy T Wood R Model Mack's because the paint jobs on his & JTW Are about the same . & JTW was still running R Models @ that time .

Here are 2 pics of a couple of Bulldogs my pop & myself had through the years The Red Sleigh (dump) & Old Dog (my name sake )

My 87 R686 Mack that i owned w/ my granddad until his passin

Olddog3[1].jpg

The Red sleigh got its name cause the driver was white haired w/ a white beard & looked like a thin Santa clause (that was his handle on the cb). that truck wound up outside of Houston Tx after the probate court ordered everything sold after pops death in April 2005.

Old Dog is safe here in the back woods of Millington under a farm shed & is owned now by a friend of the family who farms . that reminds me I need to go visit my buddy who owns old dog now & my ole family member (old dog) see how the restoration of the truck is coming along . ;)

Trying to find the pic of Red Dog (our 77' DM 685S Tandem Dump pop had for years ) I wish I had a dollar for every load of dirt Superman (the driver for Red Dog) hauled w/ that truck . ;)

:mack1:

• Like 2

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Mack, that's right. His name is Robert. He's a pretty cool cat. He ran for congress last year but didnt quite make it. Channel 3 news came out and videoed one of his campaign speeches with him standing on the track of a 450 John Deere dozer with a couple of R model dumps in the background. Alot of those trucks came from Dave Moore at Dand M Grading. They use to have a couple of hot pink R models, and at least one was purple, I believe. I know it sounds awful, but they actually looked pretty good. Just gotta be secure in your manhood to drive a pink dump truck. Lol

• Like 1

Jake

Mack, that's right. His name is Robert. He's a pretty cool cat. He ran for congress last year but didnt quite make it. Channel 3 news came out and videoed one of his campaign speeches with him standing on the track of a 450 John Deere dozer with a couple of R model dumps in the background. Alot of those trucks came from Dave Moore at Dand M Grading. They use to have a couple of hot pink R models, and at least one was purple, I believe. I know it sounds awful, but they actually looked pretty good. Just gotta be secure in your manhood to drive a pink dump truck. Lol

I Often wondered what happened to those R models Mr. David had . Good to know those trucks are still here in the Mid South . I Remember when he ran for Congress . he talked w/ a lot of sense & thought he would do a lot of good for N.Ms myself . He seems like a laid back fella .

& Ya your right it takes a hell of a man to drive a pink truck . but id drive a pink truck in honor of a friend who like a 2nd mother to me & who passed years ago from Brest Cancer. I remember JTW Had a Couple of Peach Colored R Models back in the day . I almost bought 1 for a lowboy tractor when pop talked me into buying a GMC Brigadier <_<

Another R Model Id love to get my hands on is the 85 OR 86 R686 Tandem dump WS Jordan had for years . Used to know the driver for that truck & that truck was his baby . though it had a 9spd Road Ranger the rest was Mack drive train & that ole 350 Mack w/ 5" straight pipe sounded good coming out of the pits loaded .

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: