night before Macungie....

wasn't all me. had a hand from my better half putting the bolts back in the fenders and cleanin it from head to toe. anyone whos fought with the top fender/headlite panel bolt on a B model knows it can either go right it or take 3 hours to put ONE 3/8 s bolt in. and thanks for the compliments guys!

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

LMAO!!! Ya, getting fenders back on is a trick. Last few times I've had to do it all by MYSELF!!! Don't know how I pulled it off with grinding the paint off. Not anywhere near as Purdy as yours, but still new paint.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have had ok luck with starting the bolt at the top of the headlight panel then working down toward the bumper. Then going working toward the rear of the fender. Always had an extra set of hands.

Only one person, Yikes!

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Your hard work payed off,Matt.It was looking good on Saturday! :twothumbsup:

Sure was Al! I had a chance to look Matts truck over too,i really like the "old school' look,not overdone,a really sharp truck for sure! been a long time since I've done one,but I remember the fenders being a real PITA to hang on a B-Model,especially by yourself!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I usually put the inner and outer fender together, then the inside headlight panel then put the outer on the assembly on the floor them mount the whole thing on the truck. well this time I didn't feel like undoing all the headlight wiring to take the headlight panel off so I left the inner and outer bolted to the horse collar and just took the outer and inner fender off. I have seen pictures of Matt Pfahl doin it and he puts the inner and outer headlite panels on the truck first, then bolts the fender up, so I figured id try it. right side went right on, left side was a bitch. (this only works with the newer style slide on radiator shell, not the bolted on one that bolts to the headlight panels) most B models I have worked on have had the plates welded to the headlight panels and changed over to the newer style shell/headlight panels by now tho. I also screw a 3/8 bolt in the cab with the head cut off, slip the fender over it and clamp a small pair of vise grips on the bolt after while I put the front bolts in, then put the back bolts in. saves on tryin to hold the fender up and put a bolt thru it and find the holes in the cab. thanks for the compliments guy. I think if I do another B I might use some sore of quick release wiring connector for the fender to headlight wires?

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg