Buying a Parts Book from Mack question

I sent an email to the Museum and was told that they can be purchased on line through

http://www.macktrucks.com and click on Parts & Service/Parts/Parts Publications.

My question has anyone done this and how much do they cost, I tried to follow the directions but it either does not work or I was doing something wrong. It only showed me late model trucks and there was a link for the v-mac.

Apparently all models from 1976 on up can be bought.

BTW I also asked if the donation link was up and that was still no

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I called the museum a couple of weeks ago about a service manual for B Models. They have reprints and offered to mail at no cost but suggest a donation. Since I was going to be in the area a few days later I stopped by and picked up a copy and then went to the donation desk (don't remember the lady's name). I was sorry I didn't have more time to go through the museum but I had seen it at an event several years ago. Most of the people at the museum are retired Mack employees and are very egar to help. It was a pleasure dealing with them.

just spent a couple hours on the phone and computer pulling my hair out, local Mack wants the part number for the part manual, online does not list parts manuals for 1980, the list goes from 1971 then skips to 1981 and up. Spoke with Mack customer service, they referred me to the Mack museum which they don't have the manual when I spoke with them and they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service.

Any one have a R686 Parts manual they want to sell or copy???

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

just spent a couple hours on the phone and computer pulling my hair out, local Mack wants the part number for the part manual, online does not list parts manuals for 1980, the list goes from 1971 then skips to 1981 and up. Spoke with Mack customer service, they referred me to the Mack museum which they don't have the manual when I spoke with them and they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service, they said contact the dealer, dealer said contact Mack customer service.

Hard to believe. If I remember the dealer form...it asked for the serial number and the GSO. They send it to Mack and your parts book (or CD) is generated and sent to the dealer for pickup.

Send a note to Barry and perhaps he can help.

From the Mack website:

http://www.macktrucks.com/default.aspx?pageid=449

Parts Publications

Customized Parts Books (Class 8)

(Available for units built from 1976 to present.)

Customized Parts Books are produced upon request and provide service parts information for a single vehicle or multiple vehicles built under a single General Sales Order. The hard-cover book is comprised of a chassis record and illustrated service parts lists that reflect the parts used.

spacer.gif

For Customized Parts Books (Paper), order publication PV512-M14.

For Customized Parts Books (DVD), order publication PV776-IMPACT-MACK-DVD

Use eMedia to order these items.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

been there with our dealer , I let the leach go , gave up .

Makniac , collector and customizer of die-cast model in 1/50th scale