1975 Mack CF 1250 pump

paulromano

This apparatus is from the Don Costin estate. Apparatus is a 1975 Mack CF, Mack diesel, 5 speed manual transmission, 1250 gpm pump, two deck guns, Federal Q, train horns in place of regular air horns, bell and other equipment. Mileage showing on a replacement speedometer is 10,724. Formerly of Salisbury, MA, Fire Department, owned by Mr. Costin since 2005. Truck runs and drives. Asking $3250. Truck is in Wenham, MA post-2291-0-00953200-1376360553_thumb.jppost-2291-0-20831400-1376360571_thumb.jppost-2291-0-67135000-1376360589_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Being that its a 1250 is it a CF 700 with a V-8? For under 10grand you can have 2 pieces of classic fire fighting apparatus that would be able to handle most fires any volunteer dept would have. God I wish I had The money for the tower ladder

Local 282 Union Service

Mackman, you were in "Mack Heaven" on the Island. When we first started visiting Baldwin, they were all Mack other than the Fox and their American laFrance rear mount aerial. The Island designed some of the fanciest B Model Macks that I have ever seen. I traveled around the Island quite a bit and the hospitality of the departments we visited was always first class, just like their apparatus.

Paul there were quite a few all Mack depts. down here. Jericho had an all white fleet of CF engines and and 2 different Aerialscopes. Valley Stream was all Mack including a rare 1969 open cab CF that they still have.,There was also Huntington Manor Massapequa and many more that ran mixed ALF and Mack. My dept had 2 C models and the 1986 Mack Scope that was FDNY spec and ordered with a Century ALF also FDNY spec . We really put that Mack Tower thru some heavy fire duty over the years and it never let us down . Unfortunately 3 years ago we had to replace it with a Seagrave Aerial scope that has been in 2 salt water floods already

Local 282 Union Service

In the 80's when many Island Departments were still building their CF fleets, I was offered a bunch of B models that were being traded in or sold by bid on the new stuff. If only I had the money at the time............. When we were looking for our first aerial one Department near Croton, don't remember the name, was offering to sell us their White B Model ladder and throw in a free B Model pump with the deal.

Hope your 'Scope makes out OK after the salt dip.

He was the salemen for long Island and lower Hudson valley for over 30 years. he shut down many bids because he told the town's and villages he sold to that the truck's were being traded in to Mack. Mack is in the new truck market not used so he wrote into the contracts for the trade in. He had a warehouse in Clarmount NH were he stored the so called trade ins and resold them to north new England town's in VT and NH. That's how I lost my bid on my My Mack that I tracked and found in a small town in NH. He did not make a lot per rig but there were a lot of rigs that went up there. The white ladder that paul is talking about is the 1956 B85 from Briarcliff Manor and the white engine also came from there. The dept that had my Port Chester B-95 had looked at the white B-95 engine from Briarciff but it was to long to fit in there small firehouse.

MADDOG93:

I had heard about a guy that sold used Mack fire apparatus to small towns in New Hampshire back in the '70s and '80s but I can't remember his name. Supposedly, most of them came from Long Island. There were

lots of "L", "B", and "C" model engines and ladders parked in small NH volunteer stations. It was a great time to be a Mack fire apparatus buff. I know that Claremont, NH at one time ran an "L", "C", and "CF" engine.

I think that all of Claremont's engines were bought new. Interesting story about Alexandria's red and ,almost, white Macks.

bulldogboy