Stoops Express C.O.E.'s with 15" drive wheels?

39 Baby Mack

A somewhat local auto parts hauling outfit runs some high cube trailers with small drive tires on their tractors out of the auto parts plant behind my house.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

A local junk yard bought some trailers from GM and was scrapping them. The first one the brought home hit a bridge that was good for 13'6 plus. When I went to help clean up we couldn't understand why this happened. We found out the trailers were taller and couldn't be transported back safely. Then we found that they were all transported in on rail. He told GM . To keep the rest. I could see this being a problem for other outfits not being able to hook to these.

• Like 1

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

• 4 years later...

Stoops hauled hi cube low weight products like empty soda bottles etc.the chassis were cut off behind the sleeper with a gusset where they bolted together.I actually walked up and eyeballed the fabrication (being a welder!) Was told they had some kind of overdrive tranny to make up for the small circumference of the tire/wheel combo.Stoops was also a Ford truck dealer the combos I saw were the Ford 9000 Cabover s with the air ride cabs.The trailers resembled household goods trailers only flat from front to back! I always thought they would make a great hotshot tractor!

Stoops hauled hi cube low weight products like empty soda bottles etc.the chassis were cut off behind the sleeper with a gusset where they bolted together.I actually walked up and eyeballed the fabrication (being a welder!) Was told they had some kind of overdrive tranny to make up for the small circumference of the tire/wheel combo.Stoops was also a Ford truck dealer the combos I saw were the Ford 9000 Cabover s with the air ride cabs.The trailers resembled household goods trailers only flat from front to back! I always thought they would make a great hotshot tractor!