1965 C95

fireflem

Well I need some help. I have a Mack fire engine 65' C95 open cab. I broke it and need help getting it fixed.. The brakes locked up on it and I broke the drive train. Not the drive shaft but the part that goes from the transmission to the pump / transfer case. It has a flange that has about 10 bolts that goes down to a part that looks like the PTO gear on the back of a large tractor.

Two questions

1. Can it be taken apart and fixed or does it need to be machined?

2. How can i get the broken part out, do I need to remove the pump / transfer case or just disassemble the lower half?

Thanks in advance

fireflem

It is the short drive shaft that goes into the transfer case. The flange does look like the one pictured but it has a gear that comes out the back side of the pictured that looks like the PTO on the back of a large tractor. I will try to get a picture of it on Friday, the engine is at the shop. the rear brakes are locked up on it still.

thanks again

fireflem

hi Charlie ,hope you can help fireflem with parts, someone posted pic's from Macungie and their was a photo of a 'L' with an articulated boom and basket on it ,it must of came late Friday or Saturday but I didn't see

it ,kind of ODD. AL

That L model is infamous in fire truck collector's circles. Can you imagine responding in that beast with that high center of gravity?

post-2016-0-54728600-1371732496_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Truck was originally owned by the Paoli Fire Company in Pennsylvania. I don't know what year the Snorkel was added. I think it then went to the fire company with the name on the boom and then to a private collector. It is now in possession of the Black Diamond Chapter of SPAAMFAA.

I think they left it on the trailer because the trailer was stuck in the mud. They didn't want to chance sinking the L model as well.

What is really unusual about this rig is that it is a full blown snorkel, not a squirt. Looks like someone was a Chicago buff that did this one.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That is a unique truck....I spent some time there on Saturday checking it out. I was also curious when the boom was added? It's in really nice shape....also wondering why they left it on the trailer....

loadstar did I meet you at the park, photo or cake ?

loadstar did I meet you at the park, photo or cake ?

I may have met you....i was there with my wife.....i apologize im horrible with names....then add B.M.T. names and I'm lost.. Didn't make the photo or cake.......was heading for the photo....then ran into a guy from my department that I didn't know was going. He had the Peterbuilt setup for funerals. I left early afternoon to make it back home. Wanted to go to the R.I. Antique fire show on Sunday . Did meet a couple guys at the watts tent earlier.....and a few guys at trucks I recognized from here....went by FWD's truck but the only one there was Elmo. Are you the one who guilted me into a name tag? It was a great time.....and will be at the tent next year for sure.......FireFlem best of luck with your truck!!!

was heading for the photo....then ran into a guy from my department that I didn't know was going. He had the Peterbuilt setup for funerals. I left early afternoon to make it back home. Wanted to go to the R.I. Antique fire show on Sunday .

Is that the one with casket on the back? up at Yankee Candle

Matt

Is that the one with casket on the back? up at Yankee Candle

. Yes it was the one with the casket on the back....don't know if it was at Yankee candle. He does funerals for Fire,Police and military.....and as far as I know doesn't charge....it's a beautiful truck.