Your paint scheme reminds me of I think it was a company called Mercury tank lines? from Ontario.

I really like the stripes.

Like the visor. Looks like a visor that belongs on a Mack, Not like it belongs on some Paccar product.

• Like 1

You are correct. It is a Mercury Equiptment Leasing, Lake Central Motor Systems truck from Lambeth,Ont. near London. I bought it from Hans Dietz when he closed up. I thought about painting it for a long time, but every time I show a photo to someone who went up the roads in Ontario in the 70's to late 90's they always say the same thing you did. That's why I'm going to leave it alone and just touch it up a bit. It's a conversation piece about Ontarip trucking history. I have this truck, my dad has a sister truck, my friend Bruce in Lasalle has another and Charlie in Chatham has the F model, and there was a blue superliner with the same stipes they had up in Idlerton that had a tree spade on it last I saw it. I wanted to have it ready for the Great Lakes Truck Club show in Clifford in a couple weeks, but I'm not going to get it there this year. I'm shooting for their show in Sparta which is near London in August , it would be nice to show it right down in the old area it came from.

• Like 1

Picked this up today at the bone yard. Haven't put it on yet I just have it sitting in place, I just wanted a few opinions before I did put it on. I was going to put a drop visor on but I got this one real cheap so If I don't use it I'm not out much if I don't use it.

from down here it looks like a Dieters,,,,,,In case other members like it

http://parts.dietersaccessories.com/detail.aspx?ID=961

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Ok guys I got a question? The visor was fastened to the R model I took it off of with metal screws. I'm thinking of using the metal expansion plugs and bolts should I pull the headliner down to do it or are we safe to just drill it and put the plugs in?

I did a roof skin a few years back...the only place that had any or air hose was in the a pillars. the run up the driver side for the marker lights and air horn. Think the passenger side had electrical as well . When I installed my visor I just drilled slowly and put in the shortest screw I could use...

Trent